DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 vs Mavic 3 Cine for Architecture Photos/Videos?

RB280z

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I am currently using a Phantom 4 Pro for my business (shooting projects under construction and finished). I shoot the photos in RAW format and for video I usually create a 60 second drone flyover and use Adobe Premiere to edit it.

Questions:
- Will there be any difference in image and video quality when comparing the Mavic 3 to the Cine?
- Will there be any difference in image and video quality from the Phantom 4 Pro to the Mavic 3?
- Is it worth the extra cost to get the Cine?

Welcome to the Forum ,

Its a loaded question , and I only have a few blanks for you.

No on the video quality , both are excellent and difficult to see difference between Pro Res.

The Mavic 3 having 2 x 4 x zoom can really Frame your shot while your in the Air nicer than trying to zoom and edit for pictures after you landed.

The Cine only makes Sense if you need the Terabyte of Storage

That is the quick drive by, others will detail you in.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain , Capture the storm.

Reactions: Coskier
The Cine only makes Sense if you need the Terabyte of Storage

. . . and from another thread, that will give you about 30 mins storage of ProRes shooting !

You really have to ask, is 5K or even 4k enough for most peoples playback, usually on a moderate size computer screen, or maybe a large screen monitor.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
According to the Mavic 3 spec sheet these are the differences:
And that is it! Same limiting flight app, sensors, camera lens/FOV, and flight characteristics. So unless you need ProRes, skip the Cine option (not worth the extra $$).

Like others are saying unless you are shooting commercials or videos for let's say a TV shows etc you don't need ProRes. To keep in mind ProRes files are EXTREMELY big I'm not exactly sure the exact size of videos the Mavic 3 takes but a good example is the new iPhone 13 Pro, a 1-minute video of 4K ProRes is around 6GB a minute, as well you will want a somewhat beefy computer with preferably a dedicated scratch disk the ProRes videos can live on while editing as you can have stuttered in the timeline if not.

Hi everyone,

I am currently using a Phantom 4 Pro for my business (shooting projects under construction and finished). I shoot the photos in RAW format and for video I usually create a 60 second drone flyover and use Adobe Premiere to edit it.

Questions:
- Will there be any difference in image and video quality when comparing the Mavic 3 to the Cine?

As for the drone itself, the Cine model is identical other than it has a ProRes license from Apple, and a built in SSD to handle the ProRes bitrates (about 8 times higher than any mode on the non-Cine M3). As for the rest of it, it comes with lots of accessories that you may or may not need - that is up to you. As you probably know, uncompressed 4:2:2 4K60P ProRes is about 11GB per minute of footage.

There is zero difference with the still image quality for the Cine and non-Cine models.

Video quality, yes if you want to use ProRes. If you do not specifically require ProRes, the Cine model is totally unnecessary as a big part of the cost is the ProRes licensing. The "regular" (non ProRes) footage is still extremely good.

- Will there be any difference in image and video quality from the Phantom 4 Pro to the Mavic 3?
M3 is significantly better in 3 areas: Bitrate, DR an ISO performance. Resolution wise they are the same but the M3's 4/3 sensor is just under double the size of the 1" sensor in the P4P and you get the benefits that come along with that. The bitrate for the non-Cine M3 is double that of the P4P (200 vs 100). If your work will benefit from those things, you will see a difference. If you always shoot in perfect conditions, and don't do any heavy post processing, the difference will of course be less noticeable.

- Is it worth the extra cost to get the Cine?

If you need ProRes and want all the accessories it comes with, yes.

If you do not need ProRes and/or don't want the accessories it comes with, then probably not.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98