DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 vs. Mavic 3 Fly More Combo

Mr.Gale

Reactions
I must be missing something. If you buy the Mavic 3, two batteries, and the charging hub (I assume the most expensive items) the total is $2706 . With the Fly More Combo the total is $2999, are the other items worth $293?

Mr.G

I don't think you're missing anything.

The Fly More Combo is a good deal relative to the MSRP DJI charges for each item found in the combo individually.

The Fly More Combo is not a good deal if you only need certain items within the combo, and/or prefer third party options for things like bags and chargers.

DJI values the Fly More Combo bag at $319 USD for example, so there is some low hanging fruit if you already have a bag for an existing M2P that you can repurpose. Purchased with the combo of course, the bag is cheaper than that.

I personally build my own "combos", mainly because I don't like DJI chargers or bags, which make up a significant portion of the cost.

Reactions: CactusJackSlade
Comparing the normal Mavic 3 to the Flymore combo, you'll be getting a filter set, 6 extra propellers, two extra batteries, the triple battery charging hub, and the bag. Personally, all I really need from that is the drone, three batteries, and a charger. I'd get filters, a bag, and propellers from another source. Therefore, the normal option and two extra batteries would the package for me. It might be different for others. It's all about what you need.

Reactions: Rchawks
Often it comes down to what you need, what you don't and the value of the items in the kit and their usefulness to the purchaser.

If I were to purchase the M3 today, I believe I would buy the basic system and one extra battery. With a "hover time" of 37 minutes per battery, two batteries should be sufficient for my needs. In all my excursions with my M2p I don't think I've had more than a total amount of flight time per trip to more than 30 minutes. Theoretically I could get by with one battery even if the flight time was 25 minutes per battery. I would have to modify my M2 case to accommodate the longer/larger lens and protector, but all it would take would be a few slices with my exacto knife. If I needed rapid recharging I know that there will be 3rd part charges that will exceed the specs of the OEM charger, even the multi charger from the FMC.

Personally, while I think the drone itself is a pretty good upgrade from the M2, I am gravely disappointed with DJI's choice to go with the same controller as the Mini 2 et al. While some liked the newer controller better than the one that came with the M2's (though I can't see why) you would think that for the money DJI would provide a controller that had similar features to the M2's controllers without having to spend $1200 more to get them. Additionally, because of the size and weight of the Mini2/Air2/M3 controller, when one considers the contrast of the M2's controller I found it as easy to travel with my M2P as my Mini 2. The larger controller made such a negative impact on packing my drone kit all the while offering fewer features, not to mention being heavier in the hand.

That silly bag probably cost DJI $25…I would have preferred to just pay $2680…I actually wanted the rest of the stuff.

Reactions: GtoJon
That silly bag probably cost DJI $25…I would have preferred to just pay $2681…I actually wanted the rest of the stuff.
So you bought the FMC?

We need to mention the charge that came with the FMC is junk since charges only 1 battery at the time, I prefer the aftermarket ones that charge all batteries at the same time. The aftermarket lens filters probably are better too. The bag i need to admit is nice and I am using it every day and is surprisingly really good quality but in my opinion, is not a $320 bag. Is more like a $150-$190 bag.

Reactions: GtoJon
That silly bag probably cost DJI $25…I would have preferred to just pay $2680…I actually wanted the rest of the stuff.

You could have done it for $2710, or $2665 if you didn't need multiple sets of spare props - not far off either way from your desired cost.

But at that point you might as well just take the bag for the extra ~$100, as you could likely sell it for more than $100.

What I did: Bought M3 FMC and an RC pro controller

What I wish I did: Bought M3 stand alone, 2 extra batteries, and the RC pro controller.

The bag is "nice" but not very useful and/or practical. ND filters are fine, but I'll probably pickup some polarpros, etc any way.

We need to mention the charge that came with the FMC is junk since charges only 1 battery at the time, I prefer the aftermarket ones that charge all batteries at the same time. The aftermarket lens filters probably are better too. The bag i need to admit is nice and I am using it every day and is surprisingly really good quality but in my opinion, is not a $320 bag. Is more like a $150-$190 bag.
The MM and MA2 I have also has the 3 battery chargers with one battery at a time charging. For me this isn't a big deal as I charge the night before flying anyway, although I understand the reasoning of all batteries at one option.

I think if I were to buy the combo I would go with the standard option and just one extra battery. An hour is generally enough for my needs especially now that you can charge the battery in the drone via USB C, I could or should be able to just charge in the car with one of my chargers already installed. It could top off while in route during the day. I have bought the fly more for all of my other drones, Mini 1, Mini 2, Air 2, and Air 2S. I’m not sure its enough for me on this go around. Then again, when that day comes, the fly more will likely attract more buyers.

Reactions: Desert Drone Works
Not to mention owning more than one drone you can always fire up the other one. I almost always take both drones with me to fly.

Sorry to be obtuse- FMC means fly more combo was not listed in the wiki Acronyms & Abbreviations

The bag is way over priced but I have to admit. I really like the bag. Whoever designed it deserves a raise. Good quality and nicely laid out.

The bag is way over priced but I have to admit. I really like the bag. Whoever designed it deserves a raise. Good quality and nicely laid out.
My question is, if I do not need another bag (e.g.: I place the drone in one of my real camera back pack compartments), what would you buy? I intend to purchase after the January 2022 firmware fixes. I am assuming I would buy the drone, the controller, and one extra battery and a third party charger?

My question is, if I do not need another bag (e.g.: I place the drone in one of my real camera back pack compartments), what would you buy? I intend to purchase after the January 2022 firmware fixes. I am assuming I would buy the drone, the controller, and one extra battery and a third party charger?
That's what I would do if I were to wait. I liked the kit as a whole so I bought it but I do want a 3rd party charger that can charge all 3 at the same time like I have for all my previous DJI drones and I'll probably grab some graduated filters at some point.

That's what I would do if I were to wait. I liked the kit as a whole so I bought it but I do want a 3rd party charger that can charge all 3 at the same time like I have for all my previous DJI drones and I'll probably grab some graduated filters at some point.
Great minds think alike.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottyg2s