DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Waypoints

Rolex

Reactions
I was wondering if anyone knows if on the RC Pro Go Fly app for Mavic 3 one can actually drop waypoints without actually flying the drone itself. I see that if I tap the map on the Go Fly App a blue pin shows, and I can’t name it WayPoint #1 or do anything with it, nor can I add other pins on the map. Once my waypoints located on the map I would fly the drone and ask it to go to the pre-set way points and do what you have pre-programmed for the drone to do - ie take a photo, or video hyperlaps or whatever. I have looked all over google to only find that waypoints can only be created and saved once the drone is actually in place. I want to be able to arrive to an unknown area and set a flight path based on a map allowing me to explore what the drone sees.

The Mavic 3 doesn't use the Go4 App, it uses the DJI Fly app. Mavic 3 unfortunately doesn't have waypoints, DJI Lied to us. There are only waypoints in hyperlapses, but not regular waypoints like the Mavic 2 Pro did.

I was wondering if anyone knows if on the RC Pro Go Fly app for Mavic 3 one can actually drop waypoints without actually flying the drone itself. I see that if I tap the map on the Go Fly App a blue pin shows, and I can’t name it WayPoint #1 or do anything with it, nor can I add other pins on the map. Once my waypoints located on the map I would fly the drone and ask it to go to the pre-set way points and do what you have pre-programmed for the drone to do - ie take a photo, or video hyperlaps or whatever. I have looked all over google to only find that waypoints can only be created and saved once the drone is actually in place. I want to be able to arrive to an unknown area and set a flight path based on a map allowing me to explore what the drone sees.
I just received an email from DJI tech support - sadly we need to wait for this option.

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support and letting us know your concern.

Currently, DJI has not yet released the feature you described for DJI Mavic 3.

We will record your feedback and report it to the related department. We always investigate any feedback and look for opportunities for improvement.

Reactions: crlmjohnson
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada