DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 will be released on November 5!

Obviously, the last one on Nov. 5 is the Mavic 3.
Why is it obvious? I have my idea as to why it's obvious but wondering if you have a different reason.

Lol, I just posted this in the other tread before you started this thread. Some guy mentioned it on the comment section of a video and said it is from a reliable source from China.

Oh well, too many rumored dates.

I am looking forward to the release no matter what day. I guess I will be waiting for November 5th now while having my money ready to place my order.

Let DJI launch pre-orders!

The first picture looks like the record button on a Ronin, the second picture looks like a proprietary connector for the Action 2, and the third is obviously a drone battery (Mavic 3).

Reactions: liftedVistaLLC
Lol, I just posted this in the other tread before you started this thread. Some guy mentioned it on the comment section of a video and said it is from a reliable source from China.

Oh well, too many rumored dates.

I am looking forward to the release no matter what day. I guess I will be waiting for November 5th now while having my money ready to place my order.

According to Dronedj,from what I saw he said Monday morning Dji sent out on Tweeter that the above launch dates
were official.
I guess if that means anything.

Money burning a hole in my pocket. Was about to buy a brand new Pro2 but then saw the graphic yesterday. Wish we could pre order ! Would do it in a heartbeat. November 5th can’t come quick enough ! When do you think they will ship though ? How quick will they sell out ?

[/QUOTE]

Wish we could pre order ! Would do it in a heartbeat. November 5th can’t come quick enough ! When do you think they will ship though ? How quick will they sell out ?
[/QUOTE]
Watch out for scalpers!

The Mavic 3 will run out! It will be limited in supply to satisfy the current "forecasted" demand. They will not be able to ship fast enough.

When the portal is open for orders, it will CRASH. Then with the limited supply. And then imagine DJi says it will be the only seller for some time before letting some retailers have it to sell it.

So, you better believe companies will be online waiting for the portal to open at which point they will order like 50 to 100 or more units only to turn around and sell them all back for higher profits!

So, know that DJI will run out of Mavic 3 drones.

The base package, which is onky the drone, remote and battery, will run out like less than an hour from when the portal is open for us to order.

The Fly More combo will be the next to be sold out!

Then I am guessing DJI will attach the new Smart Controller ONLY to the Cine version to boost sales of that package. Those people with $5,000 and up!

If DJI also launches the smart controller to be sold as a stand alone, you better believe that too will be sold out almost immediately. I will buy one!

So, have your money ready. A lot of it! Stay by the DJI site as from 12:00am on November 5th. And start hitting refresh on their website as often as possible so you can place your order. Buy anything you want. I can guarantee you will be able to sell it back for exactly what you paid for it, if you do not open the package. Or you may even sell it for more money.

I am here wondering if I should order more than 1 just because I may find someone who missed out and desperately wants to buy one. And then I help them out amd sell to them. Brand new. Not opened.

Winters almost here. I wont be flying anything in the snow. So maybe by Spring there will be a few more to be had. If the price ends up in the stratosphere, as the stories suggest, its just the rich kids and the pro-ish types who are going to snatch up the first wave. In the mean time I’ll fly my refurb mini and wait and see what happens. It does sound cool though. Five grand worth of cool? Uhhhh, sure.

Or a guy who’s like me who’s been hustlin to save up money for a new badass drone
With sensors all over it and two cameras and 45 minutes of battery time and your’e really hoping that when you have to hit that return to home button it doesnt fly over the tree line and end up in the next town over cus you could have bought a used Harley instead. Well…technically you cant fly a Harley and shoot nude beach videos… so yah, lets see this thing. :)

Winters almost here. I wont be flying anything in the snow. So maybe by Spring there will be a few more to be had. If the price ends up in the stratosphere, as the stories suggest, its just the rich kids and the pro-ish types who are going to snatch up the first wave. In the mean time I’ll fly my refurb mini and wait and see what happens. It does sound cool though. Five grand worth of cool? Uhhhh, sure.

LOL if the Mavic 3 is anywhere close to 5 grand they will sell a few dozen of them at most.

DJI might be a snooty arrogant company like Apple but even they would realize any price tag above $1,600 would kill the Mavic 3 in the marketplace faster than a speeding bullet.

Rumored pricing has been as follows for a while now, apparently from leaked retailer information:

Base drone: $2049 USD
Fly More combo: $2799 USD
Cine Combo: (Smart controller, filter sets, SSD storage, etc. etc.): $4649 USD

Most people are going to be spending about half of what the Cine combo costs, assuming these prices are correct. You can also add a SC to the Fly More combo and end up around $3400 USD (I'm guessing this is what a lot of people will do).

The Air 2S is essentially a M2P with better video but without the variable aperture, and costs only $999. or $1299 for the fly more combo. It is also compatible with the existing SC and very likely the upcoming SC v2.0. That is a great option still.

If you want the M43 sensor and/or the dual camera setup, the M3 is your option and it is priced appropriately IMHO, assuming those leaks are true. There are other less significant benefits such as longer flight times, but those are more just nice to have when flight times are already ~30 mins on existing drones. If you don't need the larger sensor or the second telephoto camera, then there is little reason not to just buy a M2P or Air 2S and save some money. Just my opinion anyway, but I think that is also what DJI is assuming.

Rumored pricing has been as follows for a while now, apparently from leaked retailer information:

Base drone: $2049 USD
Fly More combo: $2799 USD
Cine Combo: (Smart controller, filter sets, SSD storage, etc. etc.): $4649 USD

DJI just killed their entire Mavic 2 market if those prices end up being accurate.

$2,000 will never be an acceptable price for a hobbyist drone. There's already plenty of belly-aching for a Mavic 2 Zoom at $1350. The only way that $2,000 could even be viable is if the M3 is a total game-changer --- such as flight control and live video over 4G or 5G cell tower communication, which eliminates the LOS problem with current controllers. Other stuff like 7X zoom and 40 minute flight times are attractive but not enough to sell a bunch of $2K drones.

If M3 really debuts at $2K, then most of the that market niche will gravitate towards the Air 2S and the more well-heeled crowd will pony up for an Inspire 2 or jump ship to an Autel Evo II 8K or something similar.

$2,000 will never be an acceptable price for a hobbyist drone.
If these prices are correct it's simple, they don't care about the hobbyist market for this model and intend it for pros. That would be a wise move since they don't have anything in that price range.

DJI just killed their entire Mavic 2 market if those prices end up being accurate.

$2,000 will never be an acceptable price for a hobbyist drone. There's already plenty of belly-aching for a Mavic 2 Zoom at $1350. The only way that $2,000 could even be viable is if the M3 is a total game-changer --- such as flight control and live video over 4G or 5G cell tower communication, which eliminates the LOS problem with current controllers. Other stuff like 7X zoom and 40 minute flight times are attractive but not enough to sell a bunch of $2K drones.

If M3 really debuts at $2K, then most of the that market niche will gravitate towards the Air 2S and the more well-heeled crowd will pony up for an Inspire 2 or jump ship to an Autel Evo II 8K or something similar.

The Air 2S is for those who want a $1000 price point, and for that you basically get a M2P for around $500 less, minus the variable aperture. That is a win for a lot of people who may be looking to upgrade from something lesser, or buy their first drone.

For those wanting more, the M3 offers a lot more, for only $500 on top of the M2P launch price. I personally don't think that is going to hold very many people back from buying one, and I suspect they will be so popular that they will be difficult to buy for the first little while, partly due to global shortages. The notion that DJI has somehow shot themselves in the foot or won't sell many of these I think is totally out to lunch.

Adding a M43 sensor as well as a secondary telephoto camera with a 1/2" sensor is "game changing" in the current market, and I personally think the pricing is very reasonable, especially given the existence of the Air 2S. The camera module is the headline feature of the M3, and if you don't need that, then the Air 2S is ready & waiting. This is a win/win for customers in my opinion and clearly a company like DJI has conducted their market research to determine pricing and demand.

Also, it does not have a 7X zoom, it will have a fixed focal length telephoto camera. So far nothing at all suggests that it will actually have optical zoom capability.

I don't think DJI cares whether people are buying M3 or Air 2S, that is the whole point of offering multiple product lines. The cheaper products are always the volume-selling money makers anyway (same with the traditional camera market). Just to give you an example, a company like Nikon makes about 80% of their revenue from the cheap/entry level DSLR kits you see at Costco, BestBuy, and Walmart. That revenue stream allows them to offer much more expensive, low volume cameras for those that want/need them, and everyone is happy.

I see a lot of people getting upset about the price, but it's not much more expensive than the M2P was upon release, adds what appears to be a dramatically improved camera setup (and a second camera), and the Air 2S remains a very inexpensive alternative. Everyone has options. The M3 (based on the leaks) is total overkill for someone wanting to occasionally shoot some JPEGs or 8bit video, that is not the market they are going after. The M3 (based on leaks) will be usable for many facets of professional usage, and from that standpoint it is probably going to be a bargain.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kilrah
If these prices are correct it's simple, they don't care about the hobbyist market for this model and intend it for pros. That would be a wise move since they don't have anything in that price range.

That's fine if they want to aim the M3 at the pro market. But does that mean they will come out next year with a Mavic 2 2022 edition, or just keep selling the current version for another year?

Seems weird to abandon a great market niche when there is so much competition from Autel, Skydio, and Yuneec for high-end hobbyist drones in the $1300-$1800 range that would love to steal away Mavic customers.

The Air 2S is for those who want a $1000 price point, and for that you basically get a M2P for around $500 less. That is a win for a lot of people who may be looking to upgrade from something lesser, or buy their first drone.

For those wanting more, the M3 offers a lot more, for only $500 on top of the M2P launch price. I personally don't think that is going to hold very many people back from buying one, and I suspect they will be so popular that they will be difficult to buy for the first little while, partly due to global shortages.

Adding a M43 sensor as well as a secondary telephoto camera with a 1/2" sensor is "game changing" in the current market, and I personally think the pricing is very reasonable, especially given the existence of the Air 2S.

I really can't agree. I think having no viable drone for the $1200 to $1800 market range is a lousy strategy for DJI. Autel, Skydio, and Yuneec all have model lines in that price range and will gladly steal away some of the hobbyist base.

Now if DJI is planning on releasing updated versions of the M2Z and M2P in April 2022 with better cameras, better zoom, and longer flight times, then my wrath for DJI is misplaced. But I haven't heard any rumors to indicate this is coming.

Maybe their pricing strategy works, maybe it doesn't. That's how all business operate. Do your research, price your item, and hope you were right.

I agree about their target audience not being the person that is just getting into drones with this one though.

I really can't agree. I think having no viable drone for the $1200 to $1800 market range is a lousy strategy for DJI. Autel, Skydio, and Yuneec all have model lines in that price range and will gladly steal away some of the hobbyist base.

Now if DJI is planning on releasing updated versions of the M2Z and M2P in April 2022 with better cameras, better zoom, and longer flight times, then my wrath for DJI is misplaced. But I haven't heard any rumors to indicate this is coming.

Think of it from DJI's perspective - using your proposed prices, the cost/effort of offering a drone at an $1800 price point and a completely different model at $2049 would make no sense. The vast majority of people willing to spend $1800 would spend the extra $250 to get the drone they really wanted. Another way to look at it is from the perspective of a professional - the cost of this drone will be paid off in just a few jobs, is a tax write-off, and just overall a complete non-issue. They are not marketing the M3 to first time drone buyers looking to fly around in a school field.

They aren't going to update the M2P and M2Z because the Air 2S already does that and for significantly less money. There is also nothing wrong with the existing M2P and M2Z if those suit your needs better. Having a crowded product line with very little difference between models at every tiny price point increment is not a good business strategy.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter what you or I think, DJI is a massive global company who has done their market research and I would bet anything that the M3 is wildly popular, likely with shortages due to the pandemic issues making it difficult for them to keep up with demand. I use my drones professionally and I personally would have zero issues paying the leaked prices for the M3, and for serious hobbyists and other professionals, the cost is very reasonable for what you get (assuming leaks are accurate of course).

Think of it from DJI's perspective - using your proposed prices, the cost/effort of offering a drone at an $1800 price point and a completely different model at $2049 would make no sense. The vast majority of people willing to spend $1800 would spend the extra $250 to get the drone they really wanted. Another way to look at it is from the perspective of a professional - the cost of this drone will be paid off in just a few jobs, is a tax write-off, and just overall a complete non-issue. They are not marketing the M3 to first time drone buyers looking to fly around in a school field.

They aren't going to update the M2P and M2Z because the Air 2S already does that and for significantly less money. There is also nothing wrong with the existing M2P and M2Z if those suit your needs better. Having a crowded product line with very little difference between models at every tiny price point increment is not a good business strategy.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter what you or I think, DJI is a massive global company who has done their market research and I would bet anything that the M3 is wildly popular, likely with shortages due to the pandemic issues making it difficult for them to keep up with demand. I use my drones professionally and I personally would have zero issues paying the leaked prices for the M3, and for serious hobbyists and other professionals, the cost is very reasonable for what you get (assuming leaks are accurate of course).
So right now we have A2S at $999 or $1299 for Fly more?
And allegedly we have the M3 at $2049 or $2799 for Fly more?

You are right. What more is a drone going to do than the A2S and less than the M3 to sit in that $1500 to $1900ish(Fly More) price range? I can't think of much. I agree that you would have way too crowded of a product line.

Maybe if they had swung for the fences on the specs with the M3 and put its price tag up there another $500-$1000....

At this point the biggest questions for me would be how much is the new SC? and what will its availability be?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut