DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3m sdk

shb

Reactions
I just got this email from DJI:

"We are excited to announce the official release of the DJI MSDK new version Android MSDK 5.2.0. DJI Android Mobile SDK V5 has a series of APIs to control the software and hardware interfaces of an aircraft. We provide an open source production sample and a tutorial for developers to develop a more competitive drone solution on mobile device."

I guess this won't work with the regular Mavic 3. Anybody know for sure?

Reactions: JoelP
This release won’t, but with recent update to provide Mavic 3 with Waypoints & On-board processing in it’s FW update.

I’d say the SDK adding those updates provided in FW will be added to Libraries soon. Kinda needs to so continued update and support for the added new features.

Reactions: shb
Any action or procedure performed is a program call. All these calls are held in a large resource library, and the SDK is a program kit that adds these new features or actions to the large library.

Exp, Gimbal Up, Yaw, RTH are all common calls for all DJI crafts. The code isn’t typed each time, the label / Name of procedure is called. Within the Libraries, they don’t have multiple entries for common calls. Next level are specific calls for platform, ie: Mavic 3. Within this section are common calls unique to Mavic 3, and next level is specific features per model, Thermal, multispectral, RTK port, etc.

If FW has a new feature or activated/expanded a circuits function. These FW entries already exist in the Library. This will get updated / patched as needed and FW file specific for model will get complied & generated.

To allow extended use of these Libraries, there’s a header section that indicates what specific model development can access and generate FW files or access and use the calls in Interface Code … the App to control and issue instructions to craft. This doesn’t limit Internal Development, only External Development. External Development doesn’t generate new FW, it develops the interface code for an app.

Once the programs calls are in the Library, that feature set is limited by craft athorization, meaning add them to the List of Crafts as in example above.

My view, all the calls are in the Library currently and to correct / patch or enhance the feature, the Library Call is updated so new FW can be generated. New Development versions are released often to Extenal Developers, to include recent updates & patches.

The only component missing is DJI adding the Mavic 3 to the allowed crafts that External developers can access and direct their Development.

This was a quick detail, much more in-depth but this is the gist of it.

Any action or procedure performed is a program call. All these calls are held in a large resource library, and the SDK is a program kit that adds these new features or actions to the large library.

Exp, Gimbal Up, Yaw, RTH are all common calls for all DJI crafts. The code isn’t typed each time, the label / Name of procedure is called. Within the Libraries, they don’t have multiple entries for common calls. Next level are specific calls for platform, ie: Mavic 3. Within this section are common calls unique to Mavic 3, and next level is specific features per model, Thermal, multispectral, RTK port, etc.

If FW has a new feature or activated/expanded a circuits function. These FW entries already exist in the Library. This will get updated / patched as needed and FW file specific for model will get complied & generated.

To allow extended use of these Libraries, there’s a header section that indicates what specific model development can access and generate FW files or access and use the calls in Interface Code … the App to control and issue instructions to craft. This doesn’t limit Internal Development, only External Development. External Development doesn’t generate new FW, it develops the interface code for an app.

Once the programs calls are in the Library, that feature set is limited by craft athorization, meaning add them to the List of Crafts as in example above.

My view, all the calls are in the Library currently and to correct / patch or enhance the feature, the Library Call is updated so new FW can be generated. New Development versions are released often to Extenal Developers, to include recent updates & patches.

The only component missing is DJI adding the Mavic 3 to the allowed crafts that External developers can access and direct their Development.

This was a quick detail, much more in-depth but this is the gist of it.
This doesn't mean they're gonna release the SDK for the mavic 3. That's what this thread is about.

This doesn't mean they're gonna release the SDK for the mavic 3. That's what this thread is about.
That's true... although releasing isn't creating SDK, just add authorized crafts. Apologies, I expanded on Poster's request... and it's connected to the SDK & feasibility of release.

Before the recent WP feature updates, I had concluded SDK wouldn't be released for Mavic 3. Now, I'd be surprised more than previous if it wasn't relased in near future.

That's true... although releasing isn't creating SDK, just add authorized crafts. Apologies, I expanded on Poster's request... and it's connected to the SDK & feasibility of release.

Before the recent WP feature updates, I had concluded SDK wouldn't be released for Mavic 3. Now, I'd be surprised more than previous if it wasn't relased in near future.
Unfortunately, just because they now can doesn't mean they will. So far, DJI has explicitly stated there are no current plans to create SDK's for any non-Enterprise drones. Hope they change their mind!

Reactions: shb
Unfortunately, just because they now can doesn't mean they will. So far, DJI has explicitly stated there are no current plans to create SDK's for any non-Enterprise drones. Hope they change their mind!
True, you’ve indicated that on several posts.
Although you & I have been around DJI for long time and have read statments that later changed.

The Zenmuse XT2 wouldn’t be recognized on M600pro, then about 1 yr later… it quietly was. It was withheld to encourage migration to the M210 platform, but accidently got included within the subsections of Libraries. Similar for A3/LB2 (S1000, etc) custom builds, weren’t suppose to gain additional payloads… but via further Library updates received most. Multiple things have “quietly” changed or policy statement changed… why add Waypoints and not allow the craft to be used by 3rd Party apps, that decision impacts both parties…. Although not as much now that M3Ent released.

They also made a clear statement when Mavic 3 released that the SDK would follow, that’s another reversal of statement. I wouldn’t have purchased the M3Cine if it had been stated Mavic 3 would not receive SDK and operate with 3rd Party products. Not a whine, just a business decision… I’ll find a use for it but not the depth intended.

I’m glad the M3Ent can use 3rd Party apps although it’s discouraging if Mavic3 is excluded.
Follow through selling statements takes priority over future market decisions in my opinion, especially when it’s solely marketing, not technology limited.

The Inspire 3 is in works… I’ll wait to see how it’s supported with 3rd Party before considering.

True, you’ve indicated that on several posts.
Although you & I have been around DJI for long time and have read statments that later changed.

The Zenmuse XT2 wouldn’t be recognized on M600pro, then about 1 yr later… it quietly was. It was withheld to encourage migration to the M210 platform, but accidently got included within the subsections of Libraries. Similar for A3/LB2 (S1000, etc) custom builds, weren’t suppose to gain additional payloads… but via further Library updates received most. Multiple things have “quietly” changed or policy statement changed… why add Waypoints and not allow the craft to be used by 3rd Party apps, that decision impacts both parties…. Although not as much now that M3Ent released.

They also made a clear statement when Mavic 3 released that the SDK would follow, that’s another reversal of statement. I wouldn’t have purchased the M3Cine if it had been stated Mavic 3 would not receive SDK and operate with 3rd Party products. Not a whine, just a business decision… I’ll find a use for it but not the depth intended.

I’m glad the M3Ent can use 3rd Party apps although it’s discouraging if Mavic3 is excluded.
Follow through selling statements takes priority over future market decisions in my opinion, especially when it’s solely marketing, not technology limited.

The Inspire 3 is in works… I’ll wait to see how it’s supported with 3rd Party before considering.
I hope you are right, and that their current intentions change. Time will tell. I, too, initially relied upon the belief that the Mavic 3 SDK was merely slow in being released, like many others before it, and questioned any posts to the contrary, but once I was confronted with the clear, unambiguous current DJI statements of Enterprise only at this time, I, too, realized that a Mavic 3 SDK is now no longer on DJI's current, but ever changing punch list. 😢

DJI also said no to waypoints as well… once all these features have been released then it’s likely the SDK will follow.. has been the pattern since the early drones

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost