DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Acceleration In Sports Mode (PIC)

Robbyg

Reactions
Ten Shots Taken in One Second Of the Mavic Moving off in sports mode.
Three at the start had to be removed from the sequence they just overlapped too much. One near the end was right into the back of the final shot so that was removed.

Mavic_PanaS.jpg

Rob

There's something hanging off the back of your bird...

There's something hanging off the back of your bird...
Yeah there is. That's super weird. Could get caught in props.

Otherwise cool stuff. Easy to see from that pic how the angle of attack limitation when OA is enabled (and sport mode is off) would limit the bird's max speed.

That thing begins to tilt big time. Hard to see when its actually just flying sometimes.

You should capture it while at full speed pressing the pause button! Tilting even more this way :)

GPS tracker?
Why would you need one? The Mavic has a GPS built in and is constantly tracking itself.

...OK. Got it. If reception is lost this one can provide the position via cell phone network..

That a Marco Polo Tracker hanging off the back.
I did another set without it but preferred the focus on this set.
You can zoom in and see a good amount of detail for a 2mb JPEG

Rob.

Rob, I'm looking into the Marco Polo for my Mavics and I like where you've mounted yours. Do you have any issues with the antenna and the sensors below? Great shot BTW.

Last edited:
Ten Shots Taken in One Second Of the Mavic Moving off in sports mode.
Three at the start had to be removed from the sequence they just overlapped too much. One near the end was right into the back of the final shot so that was removed.

View attachment 8371

Rob

Fly in reverse some and then go full throttle in sport mode. That should get it closer to -40 degrees flight pitch and be an even more impressive looking image.

Rob, I'm looking into the Marco Polo for my Mavics and I like where you've mounted yours. Do you any issues with the antenna and the sensors below? Great shot BTW.

Thanks.
The Marco Polo works great at that spot, no problems at all and no chance of it going into the props or sensors. It works like a charm.

Rob

Reactions: Birdman5280
Fly in reverse some and then go full throttle in sport mode. That should get it closer to -40 degrees flight pitch and be an even more impressive looking image.

I have done that in the past but it kind of worries me about how much strain it puts on the Joints. Lots of people already writing in about the fold out joints making strange sounds, I am wondering if it is connected to the severe stress of hard breaking. I will give it one try if weather permits next weekend just to see how cool it looks when photographed :)

Rob

I have done that in the past but it kind of worries me about how much strain it puts on the Joints. Lots of people already writing in about the fold out joints making strange sounds, I am wondering if it is connected to the severe stress of hard breaking. I will give it one try if weather permits next weekend just to see how cool it looks when photographed :)

Rob

Dji says the arms are good for 5000 flights. I know I will never come close to putting out that amount of flights with my Mavic. Of course I will likely be buying the next hot ticket Mavic once released anyhow.

Dji says the arms are good for 5000 flights. I know I will never come close to putting out that amount of flights with my Mavic. Of course I will likely be buying the next hot ticket Mavic once released anyhow.

Frank I am at 38 full flights and I can already feel a slight difference on one of my back arms when it opens. I hear a slight sound that was not there before. Nothing to worry about but I am having serious doubts that you can do even 500 flights before the arms will need some form of maintenance. Of course 500 flight would take me 2-3 years so once again it's probably not something most of us need to worry about.

It's also likely that eBay will be loaded with spare parts in another 6 months.

Rob

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143