DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air -“cpu overheated” “compass calibration required”,”barometer problem” - help!

Rogerj

Reactions
Hi,,
A week ago I took delivery of a Mavic air drone . I am completely new to I am new to the drone world so took my time both before and after delivery and read a lot of material including the DJI Mavic Air user manual, which I have in hard copy.
For the past 4 days I have been trying without any success, to get the thing off the ground. When I started it up my iPhone window showed at the top a red area saying the aircraft cannot fly . When I looked up the reason at first it was dji go4 updating the drone,s firmware, then the compass kept needing to be calibrated, after which the was a barometer problem.
Now the cpu. Is overheated and shuts down the drone.

So I walked away from it overnight to let it all cool down, but within 5 minutes of starting up console and drone it was showing red on the console “ aircraft cannot fly”. When you look at the reasons, it’s same old same old.

Is there anything that I can do with this or do I have reluctantly send it back to the seller who can send it to dji for warranty repair.r45

Hi,,
A week ago I took delivery of a Mavic air drone . I am completely new to I am new to the drone world so took my time both before and after delivery and read a lot of material including the DJI Mavic Air user manual, which I have in hard copy.
For the past 4 days I have been trying without any success, to get the thing off the ground. When I started it up my iPhone window showed at the top a red area saying the aircraft cannot fly . When I looked up the reason at first it was dji go4 updating the drone,s firmware, then the compass kept needing to be calibrated, after which the was a barometer problem.
Now the cpu. Is overheated and shuts down the drone.

So I walked away from it overnight to let it all cool down, but within 5 minutes of starting up console and drone it was showing red on the console “ aircraft cannot fly”. When you look at the reasons, it’s same old same old.

Is there anything that I can do with this or do I have reluctantly send it back to the seller who can send it to dji for warranty repair.r45
Nope sounds like a lemon. Better this happened now rather than later.

If you can get the retailer to swap it out for a new one I think that would be best. Tell them is was dead on arrival

I guess actually you could try refreshing the firmware via Assistant 2 to see if that will do it but the CPU overheating is a big deal. Might be a bad fan

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121