DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2’s are unexplainably falling from the sky

TheFlaneur

Reactions
there seems to be a real problem with this drone. bellow are 4 vides With pilots saying the same thing. drone starts going crazy, crashes. I’ve been paying attention to new drone releases since the Mavic pro and have never seen such a wide spread problem with them staying in the air. Starting to to think this drone may be doomed due to no redundancy in IMU and compass. I’m definitely losing confidence that my MA2 is safe to fly. Maybe I’m over reacting but this seems really bad

A thread explaining what seems to be a different but equally fatal failure

Reactions: fiddlepilot
Dude all but one of these is pilot error let's not start this over nonsense Keep on tracking bro I've owned over 8 Dji drones. My Ma2 did have a bad gimbal out of the box but that is the only problem I've ever had with one of there aircraft. And they replaced it in a sealed box in a timely fashion.

There is always going to be human error and there will always be humans blaming it on something else besides themselves. To top it off they even made a video to show their error on how they screwed up. Thanks. You must be learning how to make "fake post" from the "fake news."

If this is true then we would see more post..... But not yet.

No issues with mine. I've had the Mavic Air 2 since launch day and have probably logged several miles in total flying over deep water. So far its resisted the urge to plunge to it's death.

Single IMU and Compass is not the issue here. I flew the Spark for two years without any issues, same single/single. What I do see on YouTube is a lot of first time buyers purporting to be seasoned pilots when in fact they are not. Also, with any new product launch, there will be issues with both some quality control at the hardware end, and some software glitches, check the history of all DJI's product launches, there is alway something. It will all smooth out over time. No need to panic.

Maybe I’m over reacting but this seems really bad
If I we’re to start an entire thread based on pilot error-based YT videos, and haven’t experienced it yet, I would be over-reacting. We like to say “ask away” here, so you’re all good.

If you’re protecting your props while stored, preventing any deformity, you should be flying your MA2 for a long time. I concur with the the earlier sentiment: No need to panic.

there seems to be a real problem with this drone. bellow are 4 vides With pilots saying the same thing. drone starts going crazy, crashes. I’ve been paying attention to new drone releases since the Mavic pro and have never seen such a wide spread problem with them staying in the air. Starting to to think this drone may be doomed due to no redundancy in IMU and compass. I’m definitely losing confidence that my MA2 is safe to fly. Maybe I’m over reacting but this seems really bad

A thread explaining what seems to be a different but equally fatal failure

Inspire 1, single IMU, all Phantoms before the 4, single IMU's

Wow proper click bait thread.
Where is the bait? I posted 4 videos and a thread from this forum. All of which stating their MA2 malfunctioned and crashed. As a MA2 owner all of this is concerning and its a trend that I didn’t see when the mavic 2 or mavic air came out. So all of you in here think I’m wrong. Fine. but there’s no bait between the title of this thread and it’s contents

Reactions: DynoTech
Where is the bait? I posted 4 videos and a thread from this forum. All of which stating their MA2 malfunctioned and crashed. As a MA2 owner all of this is concerning and its a trend that I didn’t see when the mavic 2 or mavic air came out. So all of you in here think I’m wrong. Fine. but there’s no bait between the title of this thread and it’s contents
Your title literally says, "Mavic air 2's falling from the sky"

But the videos you show are all different things, none of which "fall out of the sky"

They are all avoidable pilot error.

(I'm sure @sar104 is on his way to explain compass calibrations for the gazillionth time)

In case you didn't know, don't take off unless the orientation of the aircraft on your mini map matches it's actual orientation.

Last edited:
Your title literally says, "Mavic air 2's falling from the sky"

But the videos you show are all different things, none of which "fall out of the sky"

They are all avoidable pilot error.

(I'm sure @sar104 is on his way to explain compass calibrations for the gazillionth time)

I'm case you didn't know, don't take off unless the orientation of the aircraft on your mini map matches it's actual orientation.

These threads are almost completely predictable - they have popped up with every single model release since the P2, stating that the DJI XXX is flawed/dangerous/the worst model ever etc.. And they are inevitably based on one of the curses of the internet - YouTube videos by people who have not even the slightest clue what they are talking about but know how to drum up viewers.

Last edited:
I am coming up on my 100th flight now and have not had so much as a blip of a error with the AC. I also have never had a loss of signal, which could not be said the P3A I had before it. I have been extremely impressed with the performance, especially given all of the features for the price paid for the combo.

Watch the videos then bro there is only one malfunction Mods should lock this down before it gets ugly..

Watch the videos then bro there is only one malfunction Mods should lock this down before it gets ugly..

I doubt it's going to get that ugly. The premise may be naive but it's not going to offend anyone.

I’ve had the MA2 now for three weeks....I’m a new drone pilot and prior to this had never flown a drone...read the instructions, got a lesson from a seasoned flyer and have 0% problems. Pilot error is more than likely the issue with these and an addition, generally people, when new to this and have a drone that’s over $700 they get scared and probably panic when it doesn’t react the way you thought it would....

YouTube anecdotes are very unreliable. The amount of misinformation posted is easily as great as that which is correct. Developing an accurate understanding of how these drones actually work and a dollop of common sense will take you further.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000