DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 - an absolute beast!

KentMichael

Reactions
I've been using the Mavic Air 2 over a little under half a year now and so far I have no complaints. Even after buying the DJI Mini 2 I think that the MA2 is the much sweeter deal despite its higher price. It has better wind resistance than the Mini 2 even if they are both rated at scale 5. You can really feel the difference due to the MA2's added weight. Functionally, the MA2 also gives you more options as it has ActiveTrack, Hyperlapse, Motionlapse, 48MP stills, and HDR recording. It is also capable of shooting 4k at up to 60 frames per The best thing about the Mavic Air 2 is the bigger sensor size as it sits perfectly between the Mini 2 and the Mavic 2 Pro, the latter of which maybe too expensive for casual flyers.If you want to make money out of your drone by taking high quality videos and photos, I would suggest that you save up on the Mavic Air 2. While the Mini 2 may serve as a good backup drone, nothing beats spending a little extra to get something a little bit better in the form of the Air 2. I can guarantee that the investment will be well worth it.

I weighed all of the pros and con before I bought mine.
One of the top was the extra sensors and how easy it is to take off the props.
Everything else I had no idea until I started to use it and then I was....... Wow!!

I had been flying my P3P for a couple of years and never had a problem. Still have it too, nice and stable, etc. Bought a MA2 a little while ago and right from the start I knew this is so much more than a P3P. Rock solid. Seems even more stable than the old bird. I really like the better camera, loads of features, portability and the size of the controller were the deciding factors for me. I'm gonna fly the heck out of this. Best hobby I ever had.

Why? You shouldn’t be relying on any collision sensors to save your drone anyway.

I've been using the Mavic Air 2 over a little under half a year now and so far I have no complaints. Even after buying the DJI Mini 2 I think that the MA2 is the much sweeter deal despite its higher price. It has better wind resistance than the Mini 2 even if they are both rated at scale 5. You can really feel the difference due to the MA2's added weight. Functionally, the MA2 also gives you more options as it has ActiveTrack, Hyperlapse, Motionlapse, 48MP stills, and HDR recording. It is also capable of shooting 4k at up to 60 frames per The best thing about the Mavic Air 2 is the bigger sensor size as it sits perfectly between the Mini 2 and the Mavic 2 Pro, the latter of which maybe too expensive for casual flyers.If you want to make money out of your drone by taking high quality videos and photos, I would suggest that you save up on the Mavic Air 2. While the Mini 2 may serve as a good backup drone, nothing beats spending a little extra to get something a little bit better in the form of the Air 2. I can guarantee that the investment will be well worth it.

I agree! I'm very pleased with my MA2.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I agree. I love my MA2. I was going to get the Mavic Mini (before the Mini2) came out and I changed my mind at the last moment and got the MA2. I am very happy that I did that.

Reactions: joenonymus
I've watched people complain left, right and center about the MA2 (and other drones on here) and it's just so darn depressing to read these regulars who apparently love the hobby but hate on it all the time then get into epeen wars. Your post was refreshing to read and as someone who bought their MA2 when it first came out, I've got to say there's not much I don't love about the drone. I did my research before buying, knew exactly what I was getting and it delivered that and more. It's an absolutely fantastic drone and my air time and # of flights with it show just how much I've enjoyed using it. In the last year, it's been the best purchase I've made and given me some great stress relief in some pretty stressful times considering the health crisis our society's been under. I'd have enjoyed using it more if things weren't the way they are in the world right now, but as is, it's given me a great escape. It's easy to fly, has a great picture, an awesome battery life and responsive.

I've watched people complain left, right and center about the MA2 (and other drones on here) and it's just so darn depressing to read these regulars who apparently love the hobby but hate on it all the time then get into epeen wars. Your post was refreshing to read and as someone who bought their MA2 when it first came out, I've got to say there's not much I don't love about the drone. I did my research before buying, knew exactly what I was getting and it delivered that and more. It's an absolutely fantastic drone and my air time and # of flights with it show just how much I've enjoyed using it. In the last year, it's been the best purchase I've made and given me some great stress relief in some pretty stressful times considering the health crisis our society's been under. I'd have enjoyed using it more if things weren't the way they are in the world right now, but as is, it's given me a great escape. It's easy to fly, has a great picture, an awesome battery life and responsive.
must see

I had been flying my P3P for a couple of years and never had a problem. Still have it too, nice and stable, etc. Bought a MA2 a little while ago and right from the start I knew this is so much more than a P3P. Rock solid. Seems even more stable than the old bird. I really like the better camera, loads of features, portability and the size of the controller were the deciding factors for me. I'm gonna fly the heck out of this. Best hobby I ever had.
I too upgraded from the Phantom 3 and am getting more and more comfortable and confident with the MA2. It's a different drone all together! So much more stable, so many more modes for flight and so much more reactive to the sticks. The camera is obviously better and I'm simply loving getting to know this new bird and all of the new flexibility that it gives me!

Chris

Reactions: joenonymus
We know several clients that sold there Mavic 2 Pro and opted to stay with the Air 2 its just that good.

We nominated the Air 2 best drone of the Decade.. When geared up with the Wet Suit and the Rescue Jacket its just unstoppable and being able to use the Smart Controller was a fantastic surprise from DJI .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in and out of the storm.

Reactions: A.O.
We know several clients that sold there Mavic 2 Pro and opted to stay with the Air 2 its just that good.

We nominated the Air 2 best drone of the Decade.. When geared up with the Wet Suit and the Rescue Jacket its just unstoppable and being able to use the Smart Controller was a fantastic surprise from DJI .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in and out of the storm.

Seems early in the decade to be picking the best drone of the decade.

Reactions: John Locke
I started with the mini, loved it so much that I kept it and added the MA2. My mini has the prop guards and I can get video in a home construction site a little more easily. It also comes in handy with photos close to my kids, over the playground etc. The MA2 handles wind and of course has those added features.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000