DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 and Miracast

Jimbo41158

Reactions
Hello,

I've been using the Mavic Air 2 for a few months now. Love it! But since I got rid of my Mavic Air 1, my DJI goggles are useless (unless DJI produces some kind of firmware update). But I saw a recent video on youtube where someone connected a Miracast HDMI peripheral to the Mavic Mini. Wondering if this would be possible for the Mavic Air 2? Below is the video link...Thank you in advance..

I did it for fun yesterday with mini,and iPhone cast to iPad,and c type to mini hdmi...Yes it will work,but the pic quality,and lag spoil the immersive flying you get with goggles linked to M2P etc
Dji just released update for M2A to work with SC $$$ (they are great) that now gives the option to use Hdmi out for your M2A .with goggles
Maybe an update will allow them to work with standard remote,not sure if that will happen.

Hi again,

So, if I purchased the smart controller, I could hook up the goggles via HDMI and my mavic air would work? Will the lag be acceptable? I want to be 100% sure before I purchase this controller!

Thanks for all your help

I did it for fun yesterday with mini,and iPhone cast to iPad...Yes it will work,but the pic quality,and lag spoil the immersive flying you get with goggles linked to M2P etc
Dji just released update for M2A to work with SC $$$ (they are great) that now gives the option to use Hdmi out .
Maybe an update will allow them to work with standard remote,not sure if that will happen.
Hi again,

So, if I purchased the smart controller, I could hook up the goggles via HDMI and my mavic air would work? Will the lag be acceptable? I want to be 100% sure before I purchase this controller!

Thanks for all your help
Should not be lag going out to goggles via Hdmi to Hdmi mini cable.
You won't have gimbal control ,or flight control with head movement, but that's no big deal.
You will have 1080p which looks great... I take it you have very good eyesight, or focus fixers already.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00