DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2...back with 3 1/2 props

Giovanni

Reactions
Well, I had an interesting flight yesterday. I fly Air 2 and Mavic 2 Pro depending on my mood, at least 2-3 times a week. Flew the Air 2 for a 15 min flight, landed it. Changed battery, put it up again and within a minute, it's not holding position. Dropped about 10 feet, then to the right and left 15-20 feet. Image was not bad, but when I look up, this bird looked like a shot helicopter over vietnam, dancing in the sky. I get a ROTOR ERROR, and I was already trying to get it back. I kept calm and made sure I was away from roads and houses, and I was literally fighting to get it back to me. When it gets in front of me, it does a nice flip (over grass thank God) and lands on its back. When I pick it up one prop (or half of it) was missing) The rotor was burning hot. I waited 15 min until it cooled, changed props and I hovered for a minute to see if it was ok...It was fine. These were not original props. Maybe it can happen to DJI's also. I have flown over a 1000 times and this was in the weird category...
20210324_085109.jpg

Attachments

• 20210324_085115.jpg
    20210324_085115.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 49
@Giovanni ,the props are not really a fashion accessory ,there sole purpose is to keep the drone in the air ,i have some Master Airscrew ones for my MPP in bright orange ,they work well and i have no complaints with them ,but their sole purpose is for when i sometimes fly in woodland low down and in tripod mode ,and then they are great as they enable me to see where the props are in relation to the branches of the trees
once the drone is 50ft plus aloft then the colour of the props does not really matter as they all look the same

@Giovanni ,the props are not really a fashion accessory ,there sole purpose is to keep the drone in the air ,i have some Master Airscrew ones for my MPP in bright orange ,they work well and i have no complaints with them ,but their sole purpose is for when i sometimes fly in woodland low down and in tripod mode ,and then they are great as they enable me to see where the props are in relation to the branches of the trees
once the drone is 50ft plus aloft then the colour of the props does not really matter as they all look the same
I didn't look at them as fashion accessory. Au contraire, the ones I had was to see it better. I wish DJI made colored ones...

Reactions: old man mavic
Want color use airscrews. Beleave they have them for the Air and lots here like them. I only use OEM but different strokes for different folks. ?

Interesting to know. I thought about other props too, but then thought OEM since it's such a critical part :-/

Want color use airscrews. Beleave they have them for the Air and lots here like them. I only use OEM but different strokes for different folks. ?
I have airscrews but now I am just scared to use them. Engines fall off of jets so freaky things can happen. I have no guarantee that it wouldn't happened with originals either. I just never heard of 1/2 propeller coming off. It is a testament to the technology of these drones. I was still able to get it back. Slowly, but I did...

Reactions: old man mavic
Well, I had an interesting flight yesterday. I fly Air 2 and Mavic 2 Pro depending on my mood, at least 2-3 times a week. Flew the Air 2 for a 15 min flight, landed it. Changed battery, put it up again and within a minute, it's not holding position. Dropped about 10 feet, then to the right and left 15-20 feet. Image was not bad, but when I look up, this bird looked like a shot helicopter over vietnam, dancing in the sky. I get a ROTOR ERROR, and I was already trying to get it back. I kept calm and made sure I was away from roads and houses, and I was literally fighting to get it back to me. When it gets in front of me, it does a nice flip (over grass thank God) and lands on its back. When I pick it up one prop (or half of it) was missing) The rotor was burning hot. I waited 15 min until it cooled, changed props and I hovered for a minute to see if it was ok...It was fine. These were not original props. Maybe it can happen to DJI's also. I have flown over a 1000 times and this was in the weird category...
View attachment 126187

Only time I've personally seen a prop self destruct like that is when I ran into the side of my house. One blade ripped off like yours - so my best guess is you clipped a tree limb or other obstacle in flight.

they are like Henrn
Only time I've personally seen a prop self destruct like that is when I ran into the side of my house. One blade ripped off like yours - so my best guess is you clipped a tree limb or other obstacle in flight.
Impossibile. I was at 250' with nothing around me. It failed mid flight and noticed bc of heavy drifting (and there was no wind)

View attachment 126187
The same propellers as in my post! MA2 aftermarket propeller breaks mid-air
Better to avoid those props..

Reactions: chanson and RMS001
they are like Henrn

Impossibile. I was at 250' with nothing around me. It failed mid flight and noticed bc of heavy drifting (and there was no wind)
Probably had a hairline crack where it attaches to the base, and it just finally gave way under stress. Might have been that way for a while and just went unnoticed.

I think I'll add a prop inspection to my pre-flight checklist now...

Probably had a hairline crack where it attaches to the base, and it just finally gave way under stress. Might have been that way for a while and just went unnoticed.

I think I'll add a prop inspection to my pre-flight checklist now...
Found where mine came from.. Amazon
Brand: IRCtek
4.3 out of 5 stars 101Reviews

Mavic Air 2 Propellers Replacement, IRCtek 8Pcs 7238F Low-Noise Quick-Release Propellers Compatible with DJI Mavic Air 2 Drone (White+Yellow+Black)​

I would never use anything other than OEM props, I learned years ago the hard way. BTW I think the MA2 props look cool and are the quietest I have ever owned. Not to mention I have never had any balancing issue.

Reactions: Tig and Giovanni
I wonder if people could satisfy their color craving with just a VERY fine spraying of colored spray paint at a carefully measured masked off end of the blade. Perhaps masking all but a centimeter of the end, measuring so as to make sure there’s an even application, the blades should stay pretty close to the OEM balance. Disclaimer: I don’t actually do this. But it might be worth trying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser