DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 Batteries

MIGUELVM360

Reactions
I charged the batteries on Sunday and went to use the drone on last sat and they were down to about 60%, Do these have the same technology as the mavic 2 pro as the will discharge for storage mode?

I charged the batteries on Sunday and went to use the drone on last sat and they were down to about 60%, Do these have the same technology as the mavic 2 pro as the will discharge for storage mode?
yes they auto discharge after 5 days i believe ,they also after 24 hours from being fully charged drop down to 96% to prevent them from swelling when at 100%

Strongly recommend you read the user manual, this & much more is detailed in there

Reactions: dtb24
From the manual...

Battery Features1. Battery Level Display: The LED indicators display the current battery level.2. Auto-Discharging Function: To prevent swelling, the battery automatically discharges to 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day, and automatically discharges to 60% of the battery level when it is idle for five days. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process.3. Balanced Charging: During charging, the voltages of the battery cells are automatically balanced.4. Overcharge Protection: The battery stops charging automatically once fully charged.5. Temperature Detection: The battery stops charging automatically once fully charged.6. Overcurrent Protection: The battery stops charging if an excess current is detected.7. Over-Discharge Protection: Discharging stops automatically to prevent excess discharge when the battery is not in use. Over-Discharge protection is not enabled when the battery is in use. 8. Short Circuit Protection: The power supply is automatically cut if a short circuit is detected.9. Battery Cell Damage Protection: DJI Fly displays a warning prompt when a damaged battery cell is detected.10. Hibernation Mode: The battery switches off after 20 minutes of inactivity to save power. If the battery level is less than 5%, the battery enters Hibernation mode to prevent over-discharge after being idle for six hours. In Hibernation mode, the battery level indicators do not illuminate. Charge the battery to wake it from hibernation.11. Communication: Information about the battery's voltage, capacity, and current is transmitted to the aircraft.

From the manual...

Battery Features1. Battery Level Display: The LED indicators display the current battery level.2. Auto-Discharging Function: To prevent swelling, the battery automatically discharges to 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day, and automatically discharges to 60% of the battery level when it is idle for five days. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process.3. Balanced Charging: During charging, the voltages of the battery cells are automatically balanced.4. Overcharge Protection: The battery stops charging automatically once fully charged.5. Temperature Detection: The battery stops charging automatically once fully charged.6. Overcurrent Protection: The battery stops charging if an excess current is detected.7. Over-Discharge Protection: Discharging stops automatically to prevent excess discharge when the battery is not in use. Over-Discharge protection is not enabled when the battery is in use. 8. Short Circuit Protection: The power supply is automatically cut if a short circuit is detected.9. Battery Cell Damage Protection: DJI Fly displays a warning prompt when a damaged battery cell is detected.10. Hibernation Mode: The battery switches off after 20 minutes of inactivity to save power. If the battery level is less than 5%, the battery enters Hibernation mode to prevent over-discharge after being idle for six hours. In Hibernation mode, the battery level indicators do not illuminate. Charge the battery to wake it from hibernation.11. Communication: Information about the battery's voltage, capacity, and current is transmitted to the aircraft.
Thanks for posting this. somehow I missed that page lol

yes they auto discharge after 5 days i believe ,they also after 24 hours from being fully charged drop down to 96% to prevent them from swelling when at 100%
TALKING ABOUT BATTERIES... I have a Mavic Air and MA2. Does the battery firmware have to be updated when someone updates the firmware on the drone and controller? I read something about that with no clarification.

From the manual...

very nice response! I would give you two "Likes" if I could.

Reactions: 4score and omer212
TALKING ABOUT BATTERIES... I have a Mavic Air and MA2. Does the battery firmware have to be updated when someone updates the firmware on the drone and controller? I read something about that with no clarification.
it depends if the firmware update has any impact on the batteries ,such as the way info is displayed in the app ect, not all updates require the batteries to be updated, but if they do you will notice during the update at some point the battery lights themselves will start to flash, and this will show they are being updated, and of course this will mean that all batteries you have will need to be done as well

it depends if the firmware update has any impact on the batteries ,such as the way info is displayed in the app ect, not all updates require the batteries to be updated, but if they do you will notice during the update at some point the battery lights themselves will start to flash, and this will show they are being updated, and of course this will mean that all batteries you have will need to be done as well
Thanks. That would apply to the battery on the drone at the time of updating the drone, but I was not wathing batty lights when updating.. For the Air 2, I have two more batteries. For the Air 1, I connected Assistant 2 to the gang charger with four batteries attached. I received a message that the charging hub did not need to be updated. I will fly the Air 2 with the 7 May update and see if I get a message.

Reactions: old man mavic
Make it a habit to power on with additional batteries once you applied a new firmware.
I recommend completely powering off RC and shut down app besides just the AC, as sometimes the battery firmware upgrade isn't caught on subsequent batteries right after an AC upgrade.

Reactions: Ron Caballero CAP
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851