DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 - Battery Error 110024

RPSM

Reactions
Hi - this week two of my batteries for my Mavic Air 2 started acting weird. First, when inserted into the drone, it immediately powered on without having to turn the battery on. Turning it off and on had no effect. When attempting to fly it (keeping it at the lowest possible altitude, to test it), within a couple of minutes it gave a battery error 110024 and auto-landed. On one occasion it also gave a 30224 firmware update needed error, but all the firmware was up to date. The three other batteries I have, all bought together, seem to be fine. I've contacted DJI and I am waiting for a response. Has anyone else had this problem?

UPDATE: Both batteries are showing a production date of April 2020, and they were bought together with a Fly More package on April 28, 2020. The batteries have been charged 8 and 9 times. They both show equal voltage across the cells of ~4.16v each.

Last edited:
Can you provide some date/usage info? Even an approximate purchase date if you can't access the battery manufacturing date.

Its likely that one of the cells in the battery has gone bad. You can check the voltage of each cell in the FLY app I believe

Mavic Pro :

1604156717115.png

Can you provide some date/usage info? Even an approximate purchase date if you can't access the battery manufacturing date.
Both batteries are showing a production date of April 2020, and they were bought together with a Fly More package on April 28, 2020. The batteries have been charged 8 and 9 times. They both show equal voltage across the cells of ~4.16v each.

Both batteries are showing a production date of April 2020, and they were bought together with a Fly More package on April 28, 2020. The batteries have been charged 8 and 9 times. They both show equal voltage across the cells of ~4.16v each.
One of my batteries has an April manufacture date (the other is June): I'll have to keep an eye on it (only charged ~3 times).

Hi - this week two of my batteries for my Mavic Air 2 started acting weird. First, when inserted into the drone, it immediately powered on without having to turn the battery on. Turning it off and on had no effect. When attempting to fly it (keeping it at the lowest possible altitude, to test it), within a couple of minutes it gave a battery error 110024 and auto-landed. On one occasion it also gave a 30224 firmware update needed error, but all the firmware was up to date. The three other batteries I have, all bought together, seem to be fine. I've contacted DJI and I am waiting for a response. Has anyone else had this problem?

UPDATE: Both batteries are showing a production date of April 2020, and they were bought together with a Fly More package on April 28, 2020. The batteries have been charged 8 and 9 times. They both show equal voltage across the cells of ~4.16v each.
I would replace them immediately. DJI should be able to help you with this, under the 6 month battery warranty.

The Battery management board is probably the culprit just send it back and don’t use them. Not worth it.

Just in case you aren't aware, all the batteries need to have firmware updated individually, sometimes it doesn't prompt you to do it but if you go into DJI Assistant, the update will show up. Although the problem about turning on without using the power button sounds like some errors others on this forum have experienced with bad batteries.

I actually had the same error today when I landed. I only put in the battery to calibrate the compass because it was off. I took off and flew for about 3 minutes then landed. A few seconds later the battery message popped up.

To fix it I simply removed the battery and out of habit inspected the contacts on the battery and drone then put it back in. The prompt never reappeared and I flew 8.8 miles during a flight of 22 minutes.

Hi, this exact same thing has just happened to 2 of my batteries, did u manage to solve the problem?

I kept meaning to come back and reply. I ended up having a third battery fail in exactly the same manner. I wrote to DJI and after a LONG process they agreed to take them back to check them. This took about 2w, but once the started the checking process they were confirmed as faulty in a few hours. I have since received three replacement batteries. I figure there must be something in the firmware but we cannot fix it ourselves. They sent three different batteries.

Would be really good to get the manufacture date on those "bad" batteries (would still be present in your flight data if you log it). Then the rest of us could keep an eye on any batteries built at same time/batch.

Would be really good to get the manufacture date on those "bad" batteries (would still be present in your flight data if you log it). Then the rest of us could keep an eye on any batteries built at same time/batch.
OP states: "UPDATE: Both batteries are showing a production date of April 2020".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121