DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Battery Issue (Emergency)

Sthpw05

Reactions
Welp, didn't want to start my first thread with an emergency... Flew the drone this morning and when I brought it back to swap out battery, the battery would not eject. Still won't, after an hour. At first the lights kept flashing on the drone. Then, the indicator light underneath flashed for about 15 minutes. The battery lifts up at the front of the drone but not the back. I still can not get the battery to release. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm back home now and about to hardwire the drone to power and see what happens.

Reactions: Steel63
Welp, didn't want to start my first thread with an emergency... Flew the drone this morning and when I brought it back to swap out battery, the battery would not eject. Still won't, after an hour. At first the lights kept flashing on the drone. Then, the indicator light underneath flashed for about 15 minutes. The battery lifts up at the front of the drone but not the back. I still can not get the battery to release. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm back home now and about to hardwire the drone to power and see what happens.

So that flashing light means the battery is compromised so you wont be using it again. Odds are that the battery swelled so you have to be really careful you dont puncture it getting it out.

Take it out outside in the case of thick black smoke pouring out or Rupturing the battery.
Fold up both legs to get a good handle on the drone and rock back and fourth the battery to get it out , dont pull it straight up .

Good luck .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and float on water.

So that flashing light means the battery is compromised so you wont be using it again. Odds are that the battery swelled so you have to be really careful you dont puncture it getting it out.

Take it out outside in the case of thick black smoke pouring out or Rupturing the battery.
Fold up both legs to get a good handle on the drone and rock back and fourth the battery to get it out , dont pull it straight up .

Good luck .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and float on water.

Thanks for the response. I'll give that a try now. DJI is saying I need to send back for diagnosis and I have a 2-day shoot coming up that I'll miss. I hope this works. lol

Apparently, there is a previously reported voltage regulator issue that is internal to the battery case and once you get the battery out of the Air 2, you will see that the side of the battery case near the connector pins are melted. This issue should obviously be addressed with the DJI warranty folks. Its possible that the melted battery may have damaged the drone also (melted plastic).

Update: Sending the drone back to DJI. After several failed attempts to release the battery, nothing. I originally was going to buy the SkyDio and chose the DJI because of the quality and craftsmanship I heard about. Hmmmm.

Update: Sending the drone back to DJI. After several failed attempts to release the battery, nothing. I originally was going to buy the SkyDio and chose the DJI because of the quality and craftsmanship I heard about. Hmmmm.
Is hard to say but do not be disappointing because this was just a bad batch. DJI will take care of you.

Reactions: Steel63 and Sthpw05
Is hard to say but do not be disappointing because this was just a bad batch. DJI will take care about you.

Thanks zeusfl, i appreciate it. Just stinks because I actually had a 2-day contract job coming up and being furloughed, it was much needed income. Fingers crossed DJI does what's right and acknowledges the issue. I told them about the forums and there being a compromised battery issue and they said they knew nothing about it. Sigh.

Thanks zeusfl, i appreciate it. Just stinks because I actually had a 2-day contract job coming up and being furloughed, it was much needed income. Fingers crossed DJI does what's right and acknowledges the issue. I told them about the forums and there being a compromised battery issue and they said they knew nothing about it. Sigh.

I am pretty sure they know, they probably will send you a brand new drone with new batteries.

Thought I'd give an update. Just received notification that "We'll either repair it or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability." I definitely do not like the equivalent to new part. I don't want a refurb'd drone. That's not what I paid for. I've reached out but wanted to give everyone an update so far.

For what I read, DJI is not repairing the units. They probably will send you a new one.

For what I read, DJI is not repairing the units. They probably will send you a new one.

Just realized your location. I lived in Tally most of my life. Great little town if you can get passed big gov, campus life and not enough streets. lol I did love all the rolling hills and Tom Brown Park.

Just realized your location. I lived in Tally most of my life. Great little town if you can get passed big gov, campus life and not enough streets. lol I did love all the rolling hills and Tom Brown Park.

I go walking from home to the Tom Brown. Front of PineZ that share land with Tom Brown.
By the way that is my drone's playground.

Greetings from ormond beach Florida sorry to here about you're battery issue how long hav you had you're ma2 I have one nock on wood no issues so far I've had mine 4 months thanks

Reactions: In The Zone
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851