DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Battery Temperature Survey

snapdog

Reactions
Site
www.snapdog.com
The battery temp in the AIR 2 manual states the charging temp: 41 to 104F, 5 to 40C. What was the max temperature you've recorded on your flight data? A rare warm day here in the northeast, I recorded 119.3F. Looking to see other's flight data. I think it's okay, but being the newest drone in town, just wanted to see how you all were doing. Please post your hottest and any comments you may have regarding your battery in general.

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 78
My highest is 116.6 F, but I'm in the mountains of Pennsylvania where the temperatures are rather mild, and I haven't pushed it hard in terms of continuous speed or wind.

Aren't you talking about ambient operating temp for the drone not the battery?
My Air 2 seems to runs pretty cool
The hottest battery that I've had was 179 F on a 85 degree day. the flight was only 8 minutes long but it was 16000 feet in length. That was with my Mavic Air one. I think a lot of the flight was in Sport mode.
Today with my Air 2, 12 minutes of flight, 6000 ft. distance and 71f. The highest temp was 101.9 and a portion of the flight was in Sport mode also.

133F here with no problems. I always let them cool to room temp before charging.

Is this available in DJI Fly? I have Flight Reader, but the battery temperature data in the application appears to be borked.

I’ve seen 126 temperature during flight, it’s probably higher just haven’t checked.

I saw 82C on a day with 28C ambient temps. 82C converts to 184F. The day did not end well.

My other 2 batteries flown prior to the incident flight on the same day got to 44C and 48C respectively.

I haven't recorded the temperatures of my batteries after a flight, but I saw a YT video where the owner suggested taking the batteries out after a flight before putting the drone back in the bag to prevent heat warping the battery and the drone body, so I take the battery out after landing and let it the drone cool for a bit before packing up.

Mine shows:
Hottest Battery Temperature
119.8 F at the end of a 21min flight
Ambient Temp that day:
83.4 F

I have only had it for a week but the US has been hot af lately.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato