DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Battery Update 1 Year Later

In The Zone

Reactions
I now have about 200 flights on 1 of 3 of my batteries and not one issue. But.... after 200 flights the battery only lasts about 20 mins with about 20% left. In the beginning when batteries were new I was getting 20 mins with 40% left. So I'm going to assume I should be able to get about 50 to 100 flights more before I need to replace them. 15 mins with About 15% left is probably going to be time for replacement batteries. 656 flights on 3 batteries so far and I just changed my blades and put new ones on.

Last edited:
I now have about 200 flights on 1 of 3 of my batteries and not one issue. But.... after 200 flights the battery only lasts about 20 mins with about 20% left. In the beginning when batteries were new I was getting 20 mins with 40% left. So I'm going to assume I should be able to get about 50 to 100 flights more before I need to replace them. 15 mins with About 15% left is probably going to be time for replacement batteries. 656 flights on 3 batteries so far and I just changed my blades and put new ones on.
Pay close attention to your battery temperatures, since your not replacing as recommended, stop using them if they get really hot and/or swelling, I have heard of people having their batteries melt and/or swell into the drone.....PERMANENTLY. Good luck

Reactions: In The Zone
Pay close attention to your battery temperatures, since your not replacing as recommended, stop using them if they get really hot and/or swelling, I have heard of people having their batteries melt and/or swell into the drone.....PERMANENTLY. Good luck

What is the SOP on battery replacement?

I don't see anything in the manual that says 200 charges.
nope nothing in my manual either... where was that from can you show us your manual.ive read all of the battery info and not a mention.

Pending on the temperature outside if it is 73 degrees my battery temperatures usually run about 43c/110 degrees or less. If temperatures outside is 87 or more battery temps will get to 50c/122 degrees after 15 mins of flight. I have taken the battery temps up to 55c/131 degrees a "few times" when it was like 95 degrees outside here in Florida. However my stopping temp is 50c/122 deg. I know some people will say 50c/122 degrees is way too hot. "NO ITS NOT" if that were the case nobody would be able to fly a drone when the temperature outside is above 85 degrees. I am very a.n.a.l with my batteries I always make sure my batteries are will cycled and I never bottom out my batteries, ever. I usually land with about 30% left & always check my batteries before and after for swelling & cracks. Maximum temperature recommended for a lipo battery is no more then 60c/140 degrees.

Reactions: Marcass Carcass
I bought my MA2combo but I only “weak up “ two out of three batteries. The third one is in original hibernation mode.
For how long will be OK
Is it better to start it?

Leaving to much "****"yzing here
"Leaving to much "****"yzing here" ????? ... The only thing I'm leaving here is my personal experience with my MA2 drone. I have over 600 flights between 3 batteries and all 3 batteries have about the same amount of flights give or take 20 flights. Like I said I'm extremely a.n.a.l about taking good care of my batteries, I always keep an eye on battery temperatures and take off voltages and cell voltages during flight, I also record my voltages after my battery has been depleted and keep a log. Until I see a significant voltage drop in these batteries they will continue to fly. Good battery maintenance is the key!!!!

I'm not 100% sure on how long you can keep it in hibernation mode, I would think 6 months for sure possibly 1 year in the right environment.

I cycle my batteries and I usually always fly all 3 and if I don't have time for all 3 I will still fly all 3 but only for 10 or 15 minutes each bringing them down to about 50% but I fly at least twice a week when it's hot outside & probably 4 or 5 times a week in the cooler Florida weather like now Oct to April is the best flying months.

I'm not 100% sure on how long you can keep it in hibernation mode, I would think 6 months for sure possibly 1 year in the right environment.

I cycle my batteries and I usually always fly all 3 and if I don't have time for all 3 I will still fly all 3 but only for 10 or 15 minutes each bringing them down to about 50% but I fly at least twice a week when it's hot outside & probably 4 or 5 times a week in the cooler Florida weather like now Oct to April is the best flying months.
bloody feels like -5 here today in the icy east wind thermometer says 5 c does not feel it though.very very rare we have to worry about battery heat if i am really honest.freezing maybe lol..... :p

I have version 1.0 there's nothing about 200 Cycles.
Page 7 (9 for pdf page #) - "1. Regularly check the battery level indicators to see the current battery level. The battery is rated for 200 cycles. It is not recommended to continue use after 200 cycles."

Attachments

• Mavic_Air_2_In_the_Box_Disclaimer_and_Safety_Guidelines_eu.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 11
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580