DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 can not dodge the obstacles

erment55

Reactions
Hi All,
There was no problem until the day before,but failed to bypass obstacles during yesterdays 3 test flights.The craft just stops instead of bypassing when the obstacle comes in front or behind of it.Meanwhile, all flights have been done in normal mode with bypass mode active on safety tab.What I have done so far:
-sensors are calibrated succesfully via dji assistant 2 for mavic,
-imu and compass calibrated succesfully,
-both craft and controller s latest firmware (01.00.0340)refreshed via dji assistant 2 for mavic,
-dji fly app (V1.1.8) deleted and reinstalled on my samsung galaxy s6 edge plus(I've always used the same phone until today)
After all the operations mentioned above I made another test flight with no success..As I said, when it detects any obstacle infront or behind it just brakes,nothing more ..
edit:
I encountered a very interesting event on today's flight, I started flying in normal flight mode with bypass mode active as usual. Immediately afterwards I tried various scenarios to see if she can bypass the obstacles she encountered, but the result was same. She just stops instead of bypassing when the obstacle comes in front or behind of it.
Then after, I also thought that I would start the active track/follow mode and try it again, and as a result there was a big surprise!!, I completed the tour without facing any problems, so she did what she should behave.
The new experience what I have gained as a result of my todays trials; if I start with active follow mode at the very beginning of the flight then switch back to normal mode again, there is no problem during rest of the flight. Otherwise it just stops when it meets an obstacle instead of bypassing,very strange behave!!!
anyways I will try to post a short sample video of the said issue as soon as I find an opportunity and I would be pleased if anyone has an opinion on this subject

I know it's supposed to do all that stuff but I just keep thinking about picking up my drone in little pieces. Interesting to read about your testing however. :)

Reactions: itallica
If all else fails, try a re-link. Cures many ills.

Good luck and good job

Hi All,
There was no problem until the day before,but failed to bypass obstacles during yesterdays 3 test flights.The craft just stops instead of bypassing when the obstacle comes in front or behind of it.Meanwhile, all flights have been done in normal mode with bypass mode active on safety tab.What I have done so far:
-both craft and controller s latest firmware (01.00.0340)refreshed via dji assistant 2 for mavic,
-dji fly app (V1.1.8) deleted and reinstalled on my samsung galaxy s6 edge plus(I've always used the same phone until today)
After all the operations mentioned above I made another test flight with no success..As I said, when it detects any obstacle infront or behind it just brakes,nothing more ..
edit:
I encountered a very interesting event on today's flight, I started flying in normal flight mode with bypass mode active as usual. Immediately afterwards I tried various scenarios to see if she can bypass the obstacles she encountered, but the result was same. She just stops instead of bypassing when the obstacle comes in front or behind of it.
Then after, I also thought that I would start the active track/follow mode and try it again, and as a result there was a big surprise!!, I completed the tour without facing any problems, so she did what she should behave.
The new experience what I have gained as a result of my todays trials; if I start with active follow mode at the very beginning of the flight then switch back to normal mode again, there is no problem during rest of the flight. Otherwise it just stops when it meets an obstacle instead of bypassing,very strange behave!!!
anyways I will try to post a short sample video of the said issue as soon as I find an opportunity and I would be pleased if anyone has an opinion on this subject
Just been out to do a quick test (wind really strong today, so only short flight) of my new SC. During the flight I checked that the obstacle avoidance worked correctly - it did. Flying in normal mode it would either fly around me if at waist height, or over me if at shoulder height.

Just been out to do a quick test (wind really strong today, so only short flight) of my new SC. During the flight I checked that the obstacle avoidance worked correctly - it did. Flying in normal mode it would either fly around me if at waist height, or over me if at shoulder height.
Hi,
Thank you for the explanatory information, and I will do a trial with SC at the first opportunity.

Hi All,
edit:
Keep in mind your camera settings play a roll if the ByPass works. I know if my shutter is set beyond 30 fps the bypass is void. So I fly 1080/30 and bypass work 99.9% of the time.

Keep in mind your camera settings play a roll if the ByPass works. I know if my shutter is set beyond 30 fps the bypass is void. So I fly 1080/30 and bypass work 99.9% of the time.
Hi,
I did not know this, it was good to learn, thank you very much for this valuable information

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Hi,
I did not know this, it was good to learn, thank you very much for this valuable information
Let me know if this information was beneficial. I had the same thing happen to me and I thought my Air2 was broke until it hit me. I set the camera settings to 4k 60 and the ByPass stopped working. I changed the settings to 1080/30 and it worked again. That's how I learned about it.

Hi All,

I made 2 more final test flights today, one with a smart controller and the other with the original controller. I set the camera settings to 1080 / 30fps on both controllers in all my attempts.As a result I had full success in all the trials. I have completed the tour without having any single problem.Additionally, I paid attention to the distance between the object and the drone at least 7-8 meters inorder to give her enough flight travel time to build a correct 3d model of the surrounding around it,as a result she did what she should behave.

By the way I saw that the results were unsuccessful when I set the video settings to above 1080 / 30fps.

I would like to thank all participants who contributed to the solution of the issue with their valuable ideas and positive contributions.

stay healthy…

By the way I saw that the results were unsuccessful when I set the video settings to above 1080 / 30fps.
Check 3 post above yours, where @InvisibleName put the reference from the manual. It's normal and expected or by design if you use a high resolution.

Stay safe!

Oh man, you saved me from a big headache....I totally forgot about that . Thank you, thank you

W
Oh man, you saved me from a big headache....I totally forgot about that . Thank you, thank you
Welcome to the forum. The Mavic Air 2 is my all the time carry drone. I feel complete knowing it's with me. Kinda like my wallet, cell phone, you get the picture..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys