DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Cinematic Video

Hi Pilots!
So its my first adventure out with the MA2 and would love to hear your feedback & suggestions on my video, good or bad!
play with sound, safe flying Pilots!

I love it!! I'm far from being able to critique on any technical aspects, but I know what I like and this is it.

That's some nice flying, starting to look like FPV there in the speedy stuff. Love the color grade too.
Have you considered FPV, looks like you've got the eye for it :)

Would love some feedback on this video about La Jolla Beaches

Been there! OK, it was a few years ago when were on a family road trip and we stayed there for a couple of nights. My main memory of the beaches was some woman taking her cat for a walk on a lead. Bizarre! I have this habit of going and talking to people, and got yelled at by my daughter for daring to go and chat.

I liked your choice of shots, and the way you sped up some of the orbit shots - that worked well! The only thing I would say is that some of the ends and starts of shots have bits of where you are getting the drone into place that are a little jerky. It's only a few seconds, but I personally would chop them.

Been there! OK, it was a few years ago when were on a family road trip and we stayed there for a couple of nights. My main memory of the beaches was some woman taking her cat for a walk on a lead. Bizarre! I have this habit of going and talking to people, and got yelled at by my daughter for daring to go and chat.

I liked your choice of shots, and the way you sped up some of the orbit shots - that worked well! The only thing I would say is that some of the ends and starts of shots have bits of where you are getting the drone into place that are a little jerky. It's only a few seconds, but I personally would chop them.
Good feedback. Appreciate it.

Reactions: Greekislandlover
anyone getting a lot of noise with the MA2? I'm seeing a lot of it in my drone particularly on grass or water. I assume i can clean that up in post.

anyone getting a lot of noise with the MA2? I'm seeing a lot of it in my drone particularly on grass or water. I assume i can clean that up in post.
Yes. It's quite normal. I think it bumps the mid tones to give you a bit more dynamic range from the tiny sensor. Saying that when I filmed with my m2p on -2 or -3 contrast setting I would get a similar amount. Maybe a little bit less. Recompression will kill some of it and you can always denoised your footage additionally.

When I started watching the video I thought to myself that it wasn't what I would call cinematic, but I did enjoy watching the video nevertheless. Good job.

Yeah
When I started watching the video I thought to myself that it wasn't what I would call cinematic, but I did enjoy watching the video nevertheless. Good job.

Slightly different to the norm I guess.

Nice job! So, all those shots through the woods, going down the road...were they all sped up? What setting did you record on? Thanks

Nice job! So, all those shots through the woods, going down the road...were they all sped up? What setting did you record on? Thanks

The forests shots are sped up X4 in post.
The Railway shot and Motorway shot are normal speed with MA2 in Sports mode, with ND filters to keep the ShutterSpeed to double my recording rate, which in this instance was 30fps.(4K)
Hope that helps you out. Safe Flying!

Reactions: 4score
excellent! you obviously have a better eye at framing your pictures and editing than I do! really nice

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madkiwi