DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Color Correction

AZDave

Reactions
I probably should have figured this out earlier, but I just recently noticed how much the onboard color correction in Normal mode (not D-Cinelink) can change and how quickly it can do so. Part of the reason for my delayed understanding is that until the last couple of weeks this area has been bone dry and hasn't had enough color to make a difference.

The clip below has no post editing and shows a pretty significant transition at the half way point. I've noticed this several times in my last few flights and at first I thought it might be due to the polarized ND16 filter I had been using, but this clip was shot with a non-polarized ND16 filter and shows the same thing. I assume the drone sees a different spectrum of light as it turns away from the sun and tries to adjust, but I assure everyone that the hillside in the last half of this clip is every bit as vivid green as the terrain in the first half of the clip. And for what it may be worth, the first half looks more like what I view with my own eyes.

Or maybe it has something to do with my auto white balance setting, but I'd really rather not have to mess around with coming up with my own settings for each flight. I'm a casual drone pilot, not a serious photographer.

Anyway, in my opinion it's another good reason for me to generally shoot in D-Cinelink and do the color adjustments in post edit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00