Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 coming soon?

• Thread starter Deleted member 94047
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 94047

From dronedj

1579523331433.png

I don't know, this makes very little sense to me. What is the track record of these guys (dronedj)?

I've never hard of them....

Not sure about an Air 2 - the only thing I would want on mine is occusynch. What else could they add?

Reactions: Arthur.N and Mrmund
I've never hard of them....

Not sure about an Air 2 - the only thing I would want on mine is occusynch. What else could they add?

I would absolutely love a Mavic Air with OcuSync but I don’t think DJI would do that because they’d cannibalize Mavic Pro sales.

I would absolutely love a Mavic Air with OcuSync but I don’t think DJI would do that because they’d cannibalize Mavic Pro sales.
Agreed - plus, I think the required components are still too big and power hungry, so the smallest unit they can get into is the actual Mavics.

Reactions: gppms
To be fair, the "rumor" doesn't mention OcuSync; but rather improved motors, improved camera/image processing, and increased battery life.

Edit: and ADS-B compliance

To be fair, the "rumor" doesn't mention OcuSync; but rather improved motors, improved camera/image processing, and increased battery life.

Edit: and ADS-B compliance

None of which is enough to make me want to fork out money to upgrade.

there always a better more improved model just around the corner with anything we buy. its their way of making mugs out of us

OcuSync would be nice. I would like folding props. Even though they have more moving parts they seem harder to damage. I wouldn't want to lose the zipper carrying case..it's really neat.
I doubt if they are going to make it much quieter. It's built like a bumble bee...high powered and short wings..and has the same sound.

Reactions: Mrmund
OcuSync would be nice. I would like folding props. Even though they have more moving parts they seem harder to damage. I wouldn't want to lose the zipper carrying case..it's really neat.
I doubt if they are going to make it much quieter. It's built like a bumble bee...high powered and short wings..and has the same sound.
I started using the Master Air Screw props recently because of the noise, definitely an improvement. It's lower pitch and lowered the noise level. Flying back to me it has to be way closer before I can hear it compared to the OEM props. You should definitely try a set.
-I love that case too, I use it often

Reactions: hiflyer201
I also believe that due to the specs of both the Evo 2 and the Skydio 2 the Air 2 will be out before the Mavic Pro 3 because the Pro 3 has been pushed to back to the drawing board status because of the specs of the aforementioned drones (Evo 2 & Skydio 2).
So, that being said DJI will just use transference of existing Mavic 2 Pro components and features into the Air 2 can and it will be done soon and for a very attractive price point (sub $1200).
Doing this will siphon off a percentage of buyers who might otherwise be purchasing either the Skydio 2 or the Evo 2.
I predict that as a precursor to what we might expect from the Mavic Pro 3, DJI will produce the Air 2 with an even longer flight time than the Evo 2.

I would love an Air 2 with increased flight time and improved camera if they can do it while maintaining the same form factor of the current Air. But I can't see how that can be possible. Plus I am not settling for anything less than a 1" sensor for my next upgrade and I don't think an Air 2 (if there is indeed going to be one) will go that far; it will beat the M2P if they did that so they won't. An Air 2 would have made a lot of sense in January 2019, it makes little sense in January 2020. My two cents.

Reactions: AIredale1

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803