DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 controller bricked after update?

JeffSJax

Reactions
I was going to fly. Tested everything in the house before I left. Every battery and controller at full charge. Software had a firmware update which I installed. As soon as it completed the controller went dark. No lights, no control. Dead. Tried charging for a few hours. Changed cables. Station charges the batteries.

Any suggestions on how to resurrect the controller?

Did you use the Assistant 2 for the update, as that may be a better option if that is still possible.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water

Reactions: Rchawks
Reading material. Sometimes it’s best to do a bit of research prior to hitting the update button.

I was going to fly. Tested everything in the house before I left. Every battery and controller at full charge. Software had a firmware update which I installed. As soon as it completed the controller went dark. No lights, no control. Dead. Tried charging for a few hours. Changed cables. Station charges the batteries.

I completed an Air 2 update in New Zealand yesterday, using the DJI Fly app on my iphone 11 Pro. No problems at all. Flew today. But there are new display features that I now need to familiarise with. Always the way! 👍😎🇳🇿

I should have created a new thread in General Discussions to warn people… but I didn't, too bad!
Luckily I avoided all of this by not updating.

Read my reply to DJI about this.

I completed an Air 2 update in New Zealand yesterday, using the DJI Fly app on my iphone 11 Pro. No problems at all. Flew today. But there are new display features that I now need to familiarise with. Always the way! 👍😎🇳🇿
It seems like iOS users aren't experiencing as many issues with this firmware as Android users. Something to note 🤨

Is that the new Karma drone from Gopro ?
It doesn’t look like the ones I’ve seen. Looks more like a DJI product that’s been infested with bugs courtesy of an unnecessary update. I tend to hold back on updates so my flying cameras don’t look similar to the block of clay shown above.
Research in many cases can bypass these types of issues.
Hopefully this will have a positive outcome.

Reactions: JeffreyS and Yaros
It seems like iOS users aren't experiencing as many issues with this firmware as Android users. Something to note 🤨
I find the iphone 11 Pro to be a very versatile platform from which to fly an Air 2. A slightly larger more recent iphone model would give a bigger screen and I have also read that the ipad mini 4 is a very good stable system for DJI Mavic series drones. Personally, now, I would not spend any more cash on a different screen, as I have become accustomed to fitting the 11 Pro into the RC. I also bought a DJI sun hood that fits the mobile, whilst it is fitted in its Lifeproof Rugged case, but I rarely use it. The only thing that I did need was the new straight through Lightning Cable, as the 90 degree plug would not fit through the Rugged case. It is an excellent kevlar cable.

I added this link just now. I think this is the same cable that I bought:

👍😎🇳🇿

Last edited:
It doesn’t look like the ones I’ve seen. Looks more like a DJI product that’s been infested with bugs courtesy of an unnecessary update. I tend to hold back on updates so my flying cameras don’t look similar to the block of clay shown above.
Research in many cases can bypass these types of issues.
Hopefully this will have a positive outcome.
Never had any trouble with the fly app in 2 years

Same thing happened to me. Battery had just been charged. No lights, nothing. Help!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov