DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 few questions from amateur photograph

keiro_pilot

Reactions
Hey!

I have few questions about which i want to ask in one topic.

1. Is nd filtr 16 good during sunny day with settings like iso100, shutter speed 1/60? Because video/photo is darky still if i will make shutter speed higher then its not changing much and idk what to do.

2. I know iam starting etc but why even if its very weak wind and iam hanging in one place, back to the sun video is still noisy/grainy?

3. If I want to use the selection option of an object to go around it it's not working i mean i can't target me or small builds etc - follow mode working good.

4. If u have any good tutorials or something with settings for weather conditions like sunny, cloudy or sunset, sunshine then would be cool to see it!

Wish u a very happy sunday,

Greets!

Reactions: mereflyer
Just use auto exposure and the standard filter until you are comfortable taking video and have read up on using ND filters to gain motion blur. The old Keep it Simple Stupid motto... lol.

Welcome to the forums.

ps: I've not yet used ND filters. The video I get is fine, and they generally only hurt still photo quality.

Just use auto exposure and the standard filter until you are comfortable taking video and have read up on using ND filters to gain motion blur. The old Keep it Simple Stupid motto... lol.

Welcome to the forums.

ps: I've not yet used ND filters. The video I get is fine, and they generally only hurt still photo quality.
Thank you! I will try, for sure i need more practice to feel more comfortable, thats right. Thank you for your welcome! I'a, totally in love with drones and photography/videos from some time and want to learn as much as my head can hold :p

Ill wait for answer for rest questions, cheers!

If you are having exposure troubles, the exotic photo modes like Follow Me and Orbit will also have problems. Take off the ND filters, put the standard clear filter back on. Use the default AUTO camera settings and then try the Orbit and Follow modes. You'll find they work better in full automatic.

Remember - all the ND filters do is reduce light reaching the camera. This leads to more noise and exposure problems. The reason for ND is to slow shutter speeds down to get motion blur. Motion blur can (but not always) make professional video look more life like. But motion blur can also be added in post, it just takes a more powerful computer.

If you are having exposure troubles, the exotic photo modes like Follow Me and Orbit will also have problems. Take off the ND filters, put the standard clear filter back on. Use the default AUTO camera settings and then try the Orbit and Follow modes. You'll find they work better in full automatic.

Remember - all the ND filters do is reduce light reaching the camera. This leads to more noise and exposure problems. The reason for ND is to slow shutter speeds down to get motion blur. Motion blur can (but not always) make professional video look more life like. But motion blur can also be added in post, it just takes a more powerful computer.
Actually i' am not using nd filters, i used once or two times to normal videos now ill try to learn about them much more. Orbits, asteroids etc work good, follow mode or waypoints also i have problem to target np building and make circle, trying to make same like on videos etc and i' am doing but there's no green frame and idk what to click or make, tried everything what i knew

Right now - yes but as i said i don't have ONLY on circle mode this plus in green circle to add object, idk why even on me or small buildings. I'll try today too after work :)

EDIT: Just wanted to ask you why videos/photos mostly are noisy/grainy? i mean there is great weather (i know that higher wind is stronger than there where iam staying) and doesnt matter if its nice sunny day or golden hour in front of sun or back to the sun there is always noisy/grainy but many people on youtube have much cleaner videos/photos than me : / Ofc iam talking about landscapes etc because if iam on few metres and making pictures or video on myself then its totally fine! How i can fix it? Or its everything changed in post production by every of t hem?

Recorded quickly because potatoes were boiling at home :p

Last edited:
EDIT: Just wanted to ask you why videos/photos mostly are noisy/grainy?
If you post an original, full-size jpg showing this issue, we might be able to find the reason it's happening.

Would need to know exposure settings to understand why video is noisy.

On auto settings and manual. Ev during sunny days -0,3, ISO 100, shutterspeed like 1/500 - 1/1000 during sunny days for example and its not like that its very, very noisy maybe iam oversensitive and demanding too much of the equipment

Photo example attached ill try to upload video as soon as it will be possible

Edit: settings for Pictures, for videos its close but shutter speed fit with fps so iam using 4k30fps and 1/60 shutter speed

Attachments

• received_1089036354994053.jpeg
    received_1089036354994053.jpeg
    128.7 KB · Views: 20
That image isn't useful because it has been edited. Post an original unedited image taken from the drone SD card that shows the noise.

I just got it from gf (sent here some time ago) because iam working right now so maybe give me few hours because iam not close to my pc and drone,okay?

Photo example attached ill try to upload video as soon as it will be possible
That image isn't an original, full-size jpg.
It's 1/4 size and has no metadata so I can't tell anything from it.
I would need an original image from the SD card.

If you thought that was the real image, that might help explain why you aren't happy with it.

Just wanted to ask you why videos/photos mostly are noisy/grainy? i mean there is great weather (i know that higher wind is stronger than there where iam staying) and doesnt matter if its nice sunny day or golden hour in front of sun or back to the sun there is always noisy/grainy but many people on youtube have much cleaner videos/photos than me
Grain happens if your ISO is too high (400 or higher). To avoid this try to pick an ND Filter with a lower value or just remove it completely. If you don't color correct the videos then make sure you are using Normal color profile, not D-Cinelike, however, if you like to mess with color grading and LUTs, then try D-Cinelike. Mainly it's ISO, if it is high because you use an ND filter that is too dark, then noise will appear, or also if you bump up the shadows too much in editing, the grain will also appear in the dark areas. Also, don't record everything in HDR, that's a mistake I was making, and yes, it is nice, but only use it in complex lighting conditions, for example against the sun it is perfect, but just for normal videos you should use the normal video mode, I use 60FPS and I like it more because it is more smoooth.

A little tip: If you are recording something in dark conditions, set your FPS to 24 or 30, because if you record with higher FPS at night, the noise will also appear and everything will be darker.

Grain happens if your ISO is too high (400 or higher). To avoid this try to pick an ND Filter with a lower value or just remove it completely. If you don't color correct the videos then make sure you are using Normal color profile, not D-Cinelike, however, if you like to mess with color grading and LUTs, then try D-Cinelike. Mainly it's ISO, if it is high because you use an ND filter that is too dark, then noise will appear, or also if you bump up the shadows too much in editing, the grain will also appear in the dark areas. Also, don't record everything in HDR, that's a mistake I was making, and yes, it is nice, but only use it in complex lighting conditions, for example against the sun it is perfect, but just for normal videos you should use the normal video mode, I use 60FPS and I like it more because it is more smoooth.

A little tip: If you are recording something in dark conditions, set your FPS to 24 or 30, because if you record with higher FPS at night, the noise will also appear and everything will be darker.
Thanks for tips, ill Save it for purpose of my study! Of course would be nice to see ur opinion/more tips guys when i will attache Photo & video from my sd card in drone.

Iam not using more than ISO 100 i heard that lower means better but iam not on this level to experiment with it so ill stay like that. Hdr iam using mostly during sunshines/sunsets during day iam recording in normal mode. Idk if u can watch video which i attache yesterday, its priv video on yt or u can't?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada