DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 filters (ND, VND)

lossehelin

Reactions
hi!!
There are some people around asking for ND filters for MA2 but i have been looking not much info has been released yet.
On your personal experience what brand of filters do you recommend?

Recently i saw a couple of options for VND filters and they seem tempting, do you think it is worth it or no?

Looking on youtube found videos talking about filters but virtual no image footage worthy of noticing the quality of those filters. Saw one about freewell but in one part of video there was a gimbal motor overload that the creator did not address.

Probbly still to early to see comparison videos showing up

I am waiting for my PolarPro Cinema Serie VND set to be deliverd, it contains a 2-5 and 6-9 filter which should cover all your needs, probably won't even need the filters which came with the fly more combo. Given my previous experience on the MA1 with PolarPro I don't expect any troubles.

Reactions: MontcoMM
just got a DHL delivery of the freewell 4K day series...they look great but my drone isnt back yet...let you know when i test em

Got the PolarPro VND mounted yesterday. I can choose between ND 4,8,16,32,64 equivalents.

I’ll just leave this on as a permanent fixture dialed down to ND4 and adjust as needed.

The gimbal cover fits as intended.

View attachment 105638
If you manage to share some videos with the vnd in action it would be awesome.
Btw, anyone used moment nd filters? Are they similar quality brand to polar pro? They have a good deal now with free shipping at the moment

Will share when I get a chance to fly again. Rainy here in Texas.

I was planning to purchase the Moment VND, decided on the PolarPro version as I was more familiar with the brand.

Will share when I get a chance to fly again. Rainy here in Texas.

I was planning to purchase the Moment VND, decided on the PolarPro version as I was more familiar with the brand.
Do you any weird effects from the VND?

like how a polarized filter can be the wrong direction in the air

I use one that came with the drone.
The one with the smallest number.
Can't remember what number.
Haven't got a clue what they do but I put it on anyway.
If nothing it protects the camera

Reactions: itsneedtokno
I use one that came with the drone.
The one with the smallest number.
Can't remember what number.
Haven't got a clue what they do but I put it on anyway.
If nothing it protects the camera
ND16, and the only time I don't use it is for sunrise and sunset shots. I just take it off for those few minutes then put it right back on when I'm done. ?

The higher the number the darker it makes it.

Using a filter allows for a perfect exposure triangle.

Reactions: Mel 08
ND16, and the only time I don't use it is for sunrise and sunset shots. I just take it off for those few minutes then put it right back on when I'm done. ?

The higher the number the darker it makes it.

Using a filter allows for a perfect exposure triangle.

How do you control the other aspects of the exposure triangle if the ND16 makes things too dark? My understanding the Shutter should always be double the FPS so Aperture is fixed, Shutter is set that only leaves ISO that you can adjust right?

How do you control the other aspects of the exposure triangle if the ND16 makes things too dark? My understanding the Shutter should always be double the FPS so Aperture is fixed, Shutter is set that only leaves ISO that you can adjust right?
Yes, if it is too dark, but you don't want to adjust the Shutter, then you must adjust ISO (introduce noise). The best option would be use a lighter filter. If that's not possible, try taking the filter off to see if the image is only lightly overexposed. Overexposure is never the right answer, because you lose info, but it might work for your personal tastes on that specific footage

you can set shutter in ma2..don't use Auto.

You can turn on exposure warning, zebra stripes, and check for over exposure.

This can help in choosing an ND filter to get close to proper exposure without adjusting the shutter speed.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhilTone