DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 - Fixed wing mode?

Ben_McPhee

Reactions
Does the Mavic Air 2 have this mode? (Also, the Mavic Pro 2?)

If you use it, how do you like it? (I like the idea of a little bit of an angle of bank as a way of revealing a cool subject. Or even like a "chase cam" kind of view. Especially descending while banking, and then levelling off. But if is just a bump fest, it's probably limited in use really).

And also, for anyone with experience of the Mavic Air 2 in general, how are you liking it so far? I'm really looking at pulling the trigger on one of these soon, but I've only watched early reviews (which were all positive). I'm hoping someone can give me some good news after a few months of use, OR, warn me off it. If the Mavic Pro 2 has better Image quality, it's probably still my preferred option. I know there'll be pro's and cons to each, but 4K60 and 48mp stills are big ticks for the MA2, unless they're of poor quality. I'd love a 1" sensor with better low light performance and/or dynamic range, and an adjustable aperture, but I don't really want to wait for a MP3 anymore. I've been waiting far too long.

Really, I'm most interested in how the video quality holds up, and how well the 48mp stills work. In both cases, particularly at dusk and dawn, but also for general use.

There is a FPV mode on the MA2 that is what (I suppose) you are talking about. It keeps the gimbal locked and banks with the aircraft. I've had mine since early May and I'm loving it. I've not had any of the issues that a lot of people had been talking about. I'm not that big of a fan of the 48MP stills or the HDR video (it seems really noisy to me). But the smart photo and regular video modes work great.

Neither has fixed wing mode. Only the Mavic pro and platinum have that mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys