DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 for Commercial Use

Droning on and on...

Reactions
I asked this question in another thread but didn't want to hijack it.

How many of you are using the MA2 for commercial use? I'm not talking Hollywood films, just some of the standard uses. Real estate, inspection, website promo videos, etc.

If so, do your clients find the quality acceptable? Are you doing any high-end work with this drone?

I've been offered some entry level work and don't want to get off on the wrong foot with my first clients so I was considering a Phantom 4 Pro before I accept the work.

Any insight is appreciated.

Reactions: itsneedtokno

How many of you are using the MA2 for commercial use? I'm not talking Hollywood films, just some of the standard uses. Real estate, inspection, website promo videos, etc.

If so, do your clients find the quality acceptable? Are you doing any high-end work with this drone?

I've been offered some entry level work and don't want to get off on the wrong foot with my first clients so I was considering a Phantom 4 Pro before I accept the work.

The quality should be fine. I wouldn’t worry about that.

What does the P4P bring to the table that the MA2 does not.

Orthomosaics? ... Okay ...
20MP camera? ... Okay ...

The MA2 is smaller, flies longer, and is much easier to transport and set up.

I use my MA2 for Real Estate and more.

I could see choosing a P4P if you were in the roofing industry or the inpection industry (for the orthomosaics)... Otherwise, and MA2 should handle it.

I did my first commercial work (commercial real estate still pictures) with a Mini, so the MA2 is more than capable of high-quality photos and video and can go most anywhere a larger drone can go.

Why can't a MA2 do orthomosaics?

Long story short, it doesn't have the ability to capture the correct overlapping to accurately provide an Ortho. (Until they release the SDK)

What does the P4P bring to the table that the MA2 does not.

Orthomosaics? ... Okay ...
20MP camera? ... Okay ...

The MA2 is smaller, flies longer, and is much easier to transport and set up.

I use my MA2 for Real Estate and more.

I could see choosing a P4P if you were in the roofing industry or the inpection industry (for the orthomosaics)... Otherwise, and MA2 should handle it.
Besides the items you mentioned, I was thinking of the larger sensor size, which usually means less noise, and the ability to adjust things like contrast, sharpness, and saturation.

The tone of your post (okay... okay...) makes me feel like I've asked a stupid question, but I thought it wise to ask about the experience of others.

Thanks for the reply.

Besides the items you mentioned, I was thinking of the larger sensor size, which usually means less noise, and the ability to adjust things like contrast, sharpness, and saturation.

The tone of your post (okay... okay...) makes me feel like I've asked a stupid question, but I thought it wise to ask about the experience of others.

Thanks for the reply.
Not meant to sound condescending, or arrogant. I am acknowledging that those are valid arguments. I apologise if it came off otherwise.

The larger sensor size is cool, but if you shoot AEB the people you are likely going to be showing your pictures to will never know the difference between the two. Unless you are printing billboards, then go with the P4P for sure lol.

Have a great day!

Reactions: zeusfl
Not meant to sound condescending, or arrogant. I am acknowledging that those are valid arguments. I apologise if it came off otherwise.

The larger sensor size is cool, but if you shoot AEB the people you are likely going to be showing your pictures to will never know the difference between the two. Unless you are printing billboards, then go with the P4P for sure lol.

Have a great day!
No worries. Thanks again.

You'll need the manual shutter of the P4P for any photogrammetry, and any low light flying, but for everything else, if the output is acceptable to your clients, the MA2 will get the job done in good light.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61