DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 - FPV mode wont work

Milovic

Reactions
Hey guys, today I recognized that FPV mode wont work on my Mavic Air 2.

I tried to switch Follow mode to FPV mode and honestly nothing changed. In the app I see its FPV mode but the gimbal looks like still in the follow mode.

I am Iphone user and I also tried another phone (android) and the problem is same.

Any idea what to do?

Did you try this in a confined space or did you actually go into a respectably large area? You won't notice it if you aren't actually going anywhere.

I think I should see the difference even on the small area flying from side to side for example. The gimbal should keep drone position not stay horizontally all the time while im flying from side to side.

I dont see that results while im switching to FPV mode like the guy on the following movie.

He's not in a small space. He's going full throw to get that. "FPV mode" is a borderline gimmick on any Mavic product.

Okay so I did the same (like the guy on the movie) and I see same view no matter which mode on.

I tried to switch Follow mode to FPV mode and honestly nothing changed. In the app I see its FPV mode but the gimbal looks like still in the follow mode.

I am Iphone user and I also tried another phone (android) and the problem is same.

Any idea what to do?
Did you ever get it to work? I recent got my Mavic Air 2 a few days ago. I can't get FPV Mode to work on mine as well. I tried rebooting both my aircraft and controller but nothing changed.
Please let me know if you resolved the issue. Thank you.

Reactions: Jungleboy

Any idea what to do?

I just got my air 2 on Tuesday and Im having the same issue...

Along with not actually being in sport mode when it says it is?? (Occasionally)...

ok so heres what i found out the FPV mode has stopped working in the latest aircraft firmware i just rolled back to previous version works fine ,another DJI cockup !!!

Okay so I did the same (like the guy on the movie) and I see same view no matter which mode on.
it wont work anymore the latest firmware wrecked this feature !!!

Just found this out,seems DJI may have swapped the sticks about in latest firmware.

As I've noticed, FPV mode works different as I knew from before. Right stick left and right doesn't tilt the gimbal but flying corners (right stick up, left stick left/right) tilts the gimbal. You can in addition support cornering with sidewards movements as it may look more realistic but for me it works now already perfect.

Reactions: InvisibleName
Just found this out,seems DJI may have swapped the sticks about in latest firmware.

As I've noticed, FPV mode works different as I knew from before. Right stick left and right doesn't tilt the gimbal but flying corners (right stick up, left stick left/right) tilts the gimbal. You can in addition support cornering with sidewards movements as it may look more realistic but for me it works now already perfect.
Just tried FPV (for the first time) and I really like it ?

Just tried FPV (for the first time) and I really like it ?
i am correct in thinking its the left yaw that now produces fpv roll not the right stick as it was ? i cant get out to try it because of the weather still crazy here.

i am correct in thinking its the left yaw that now produces fpv roll not the right stick as it was ? i cant get out to try it because of the weather still crazy here.
Yep, but then I never flew in FPV pre FW update so I don’t know what it was like before

Reactions: ninja_geezer
Yep, but then I never flew in FPV pre FW update so I don’t know what it was like before
Brill that confirms DJI swapped the sticks round thank you.

went out today and tested the FPV mode ,worked great now using the yaw stick ...

Reactions: InvisibleName

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa