DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 gimbal camera 40 deg off

Wildman7221

Reactions
I've tried both the python command strings to calibrate my gimbal, as an administrator, without success. It goes through the motions of calibration and recenters the camera to point straight forward but the camera does not show level to the horizon. It will still be about 40 or so degrees clockwise or at around 2 o'clock on a clock face. I did repair my gimbal frame before this issue. The gimbal motor that keeps the drone camera horizontal had been knocked out of the gimbal frame when the drone was dropped onto the gimbal. After I repaired the gimbal I realized that the gimbal motor has a dot on the disc that snaps into the gimbal frame, I think this dot might be for indexing alignment to be within the 10 degrees of correction, due to the brushless motor magnetic pull, that can be done in the DJI Fly app, without having the motor being in an overload. Does anyone know anything about this dot and where it should be aligned to?20220412_142524~2.jpg20220412_142614~2.jpg

Last edited:
If you can, why not remove the motor from the gimbal and refit it twisted 40 deg anticlockwise compared to now.

Reactions: Wildman7221
If you can, why not remove the motor from the gimbal and refit it twisted 40 deg anticlockwise compared to now.
I used a drop of locktite super glue on the crack of the frame and its has the motor where it won't move. I am actually thinking about using my Dremel and open the crack back up to allow the motor to move. I just don't know where to index the dot to if I did move it.

Seems like a basic question, but have you calibrated the Gimbal using DJI Fly app?

Seems like a basic question, but have you calibrated the Gimbal using DJI Fly app?
Yes, I sure did. Even when I max out at 10.0 on the horizontal, it only brought it not quite a ⅓ of what it needs to go. What is really weird is that when I go into gimbal calibration Auto mode, it instantly levels out the camera, horizontally, while going through the calibration and then at the end of the calibration it puts it back to that same 40 degree off setting.

View attachment 14675920220415_125019~2.jpg
After trying everything I could think of to move the camera angle, before cutting the glue out of the crack I repaired, I decided to cut the glue out and turn the gimble motor. As seen in the pics, this is where the index dot should be! It is operating perfectly now and took it on a few flights without any issues.
Just wanted to share in case anyone has the same problem with their gimble and they won't have to go through what I went through to get it right.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98