DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Gimbal/Camera...no RC control

Lineman735

Reactions
Hi there, I'm new to the forum and to flying drones. Have a Mavic Air 2 since the past few weeks, watching lots of tutorials and YouTube videos, so far its lots of fun. Today though I had a small crash, the camera kinda separated from its axis on the gimbal. I snapped it back in place and everything looks OK. When I restart the drone, the camera goes through its test rotation...up,down, side to side and centers itself when done. The problem I'm having is, I have no control over the camera/gimbal, I can take pictures, the drone flies but no movement on the camera. On my screen its says Gimbal stuck. I checked the ribbon cables, as per YouTube and they seem fine. I tried to recalibrate the gimbal but it says calibration failed. In peoples experience on here, do you think the gimbal/camera will have to be replaced, or does it have to be updated or reprogrammed? Thank you

I cant help beyond suggesting this but have you tried moving the camera on the screen? If it won't tilt or turn that way my guess would be that part of the cable is seperated. I know when I had a hard crash on my MM that the camera functioned perfectly as far as setup, transmission, maintain horizon and ability to take pictures but I couldn't move it on my own because one of the ribbon cables had been severed. Basically the autonomic cable with power was fine but the manual movement cable was destroyed

On my screen its says Gimbal stuck. I checked the ribbon cables, as per YouTube and they seem fine. I tried to recalibrate the gimbal but it says calibration failed. In peoples experience on here, do you think the gimbal/camera will have to be replaced, or does it have to be updated or reprogrammed?
Not to state the obvious, but something is clearly broken. Whether it's the gimbal or camera (or both) can only be determined when it's diagnosed/serviced by a repair shop.

Reactions: Lineman735
Thank you, when I move it manually, it has a full range of motion, I may start looking for a replacement gimbal/camera on ebay. I've seen a couple of videos on YouTube about using a couple programs/dji tools to reprogram it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121