DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 gimbal error

awm

Reactions
Hi, I’m new here I recently had to replace my gimbal on my mavic air 2 after a tree encounter which damaged it, it still worked but couldn’t move or rotate camera, after installing the new one ran through the calibrating process and it shakes uncontrollably, and sends a code 40021?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might resolve this without sending it in for repair?
Thanks in advance!

Reactions: TreeHugger
Sorry for your problem but welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. I am sure somebody will help you. So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.

Welcome. Who replaced the new gimbal ? Should they not have tested it before releasing the repair ?

The technician had a number of repairs of gimbals and according to him the camera fails. There's compatibility issues which he is also trying to solve and waiting for inputs from other individuals who may have a fix for it. My drone is a DJI mavic air 2. Hoping someone can share on any resolution to fix my drone.

Could there be anyone here who had similar issues? How has that been fixed.

@awm opened up this thread and his issue with his drone closely resembles mine.

If you just drop in a new gimbal, there will be pairing issue and you might get errors and a black screen.

if you run a firmware level calibration that might do the trick, but the best is to send it to a person with the real, proper DJI factory level software tools to calibrate and pair it to your drone. The gimbal should be fresh new and never used before this.

Warning : do not try this on an already paired gimbal.

Last edited:
If you just drop in a new gimbal, there will be pairing issue and you might get errors and a black screen.

if you run a firmware level calibration that might do the trick, but the best is to send it to a person with the real, proper DJI factory level software tools to calibrate and pair it to your drone. The gimbal should be fresh new and never used before this.

If I did the calibration by myself, where can I possibly download a software tool to pair the drone?

Does that also work for Mavic Air 2?
Hi, I'm sorry, but you seem not to pay close attention. This is really not a job for shoot first ask questions later. Suggest you send to a service center that has experience and knowledge.

In the viewer commens section of the youtube video some folks are getting results while I personally tested this with my original damaged gimbal and it made things worst.

I tried the video above with my Mavic Air 2. I just changed the code from WM240 to WM231. Unfortunately, after running the two commands to calibrate the gimbal, i still have the gimbal calibration error 40011.
But does your gimbal work in the normal video and photo modes? Are you using a new, fresh gimbal?

But does your gimbal work in the normal video and photo modes? Are you using a new, fresh gimbal?

Yes, i am using a new gimbal. I crashed my drone and broked the gimbal few months ago. So i ordered a new gimbal and have it replaced with a help of a friend. everything seems to work okay. I can control the gimbal etc. My friend told me that everything seems to be okay so just ignore the message. It just irritates me that the error message 40011 won't go, and it bothers me that, if everything is really okay, then why does that error wont go away. So i am still trying to find out what could be the reason and what can i do if it needs fixing.

I hope someone can give us some help here ?

So far from what I gather you will need DJI factory level software to run the pairing and clear the error. Some service center will have it. You can send it in. Otherwise you will have to let us know if your semi successful replacement actually completely works or not. I suggest some panoramas as it exercises the gimbal to max tilt and pitch. Or high speed flying in all directions.

Thanks for the info. I will try to find a service center that can help me pair my gimbal. Because as far as I'm aware there are no dji service centers in our country, they just have a recommended repair shops.

I will surely try to make some panoramas and do some test using sports mode to see the gimbal performance. Then will let you know guys. Thanks for the suggestions

Thanks for the info. I will try to find a service center that can help me pair my gimbal. Because as far as I'm aware there are no dji service centers in our country, they just have a recommended repair shops.

I will surely try to make some panoramas and do some test using sports mode to see the gimbal performance. Then will let you know guys. Thanks for the suggestions
In Malaysia, even the "only" authorised service center (3rd party, not DJI) can do it. I believe some independent service center will also have this. You can ask your dealer that sold you the drone, how to get authorised service, even if you choose to pay out of pocket.

Reactions: adsolute.Altitude
Hi, I’m new here I recently had to replace my gimbal on my mavic air 2 after a tree encounter which damaged it, it still worked but couldn’t move or rotate camera, after installing the new one ran through the calibrating process and it shakes uncontrollably, and sends a code 40021?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might resolve this without sending it in for repair?
Thanks in advance!

Try this

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Rickman.

Here are the search results from this site that may help.

I have read in the past that the camera is linked with the drone and it takes some sort of coding from DJI for it to communicate with the drone.

I know you don't want to send it in but it might solve the problem.

Some of the members here are tech savvy and might be able to help.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa