DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 gimbal overload after drone stuck in tree then fell...

OverWatch9

Reactions
I was in a big open park near water its gorgeous you would love flying your drone here in RI. So I was doing so playing around taking all kinds of quickshots.... even with my dog next to me. So I decided to do the helix quickshot of me n my dog... FYI i have done helix quickshots before a few times.. I also done my homework on obstacle avoidance as well so only does front bottom and back. As you can imagine helix you need side sensors of course ebut again I didn't think it would go as far as the tree is which is about 60-80 ft away. What did we know it did and got stuck... the park employee helped me get it down which it did fell not too hard I hope but everything is fine except like a plastic cover on the side of the camera cam off I'm pretty sure I was missing one more piece inside which I can't find it on 6" long grass...

see the pictures here

So will see cracks here and there... but no biggie.

List of things I did
1) gimbal stuck in upward direction so little help move it down.
2) calibrate it (100%) multiple times even before taking off
3) use a hairdryer in cool mode to blow any possible debris for 30 secs...

It kept saying gimbal motor overloaded many times but everything works fine I was able to use activetrack following me for a walk I was able to activetrack my dog I even move my gimbal with the wheel fine to max up and down.... the notification still there..

P.S. i bought this from someone on facebook marketplace so i dont have 1 year warranty since the guy barely use the drone the whole year he had this. I was gonna consider an insurance in the future but I doubt I can use it now if I apply for one... any ideas that someone have similar situation as mine?

Attachments

• 20220421_192737.jpg
    20220421_192737.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
  • 20220421_192713.jpg
    20220421_192713.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
This post MA2S gimbal stuck error after minor tree crash.
Was linked to the same page as your question. Have you read it? May help bud. GL
I did read that before posting my post... but I did mentioned with mine I can do 100% calibration every time... even like now I forgot the cover was on on my gimbal.. so it would get my gimbal stuck at times. If I didn't forget my gimbal it would be fine... but still get the gimbal motor overload error anyways.

I did read that before posting my post... but I did mentioned with mine I can do 100% calibration every time... even like now I forgot the cover was on on my gimbal.. so it would get my gimbal stuck at times. If I didn't forget my gimbal it would be fine... but still get the gimbal motor overload error anyways.

Suck it up and send it in for repair. Chalk it up to an expensive "lesson learned."

Does gimbal move freely and easily?
Gimbal mechanism could have taken internal damage not visible outside causing motors to draw some limit exceeding current.

even like now I forgot the cover was on on my gimbal.. so it would get my gimbal stuck at times.
Also that could damage gimbal's motors...
Depending how strict monitoring and limiting of current drawn by motors is.
Electric motor which is unable to turn can draw pretty much short circuit current.

Does gimbal move freely and easily?
Gimbal mechanism could have taken internal damage not visible outside causing motors to draw some limit exceeding current.

Also that could damage gimbal's motors...
Depending how strict monitoring and limiting of current drawn by motors is.
Electric motor which is unable to turn can draw pretty much short circuit current.
After a small help it does move freely in all 3 directions... im thinking just take it to repair center and see... it works with flying and all that just annoyed with the red alerts... hoping to submit a request after may 7/8 weekend.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb