DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Gimbal re-wiring and find my drone

Merrill277

Reactions
Hi all. So I crashed my drone into the side of a cliff. Flying sideways and not watching where I was going. After watching the video you can easily see why. Not enough notice to do anything. Still my fault for not looking around everywhere as I went along. Fortunately it was not as bad as it could have been because my drone landed on a pile of sticks (old dead bush). I know that a little glue in the right spots can repair the gimbal and its parts. But the difficult part I think will be rewiring the gimbal ribbons. I have found no videos about how to do it. Anybody have any knowledge or videos of this repair? It would be most appreciated.
BTW: As a matter of caution, always look around before flying sideways. There are no obstacle detection or avoidance in sideways flight on the Mavic Air 2. A good way to go is to fly forward and then back sideways once you know the lay of the land. 2nd big tip. Use the Find my drone feature along with satellite image after viewing your crash of the videos on your phone particularly when not near roads. The google maps will only direct you to known paths or roads so unless you crash in the city, don't use it. Using find my drone and having the satellite image gives you a good path to the drone as you can see both yourself, where the drone is and the landscape around you. You are the dot, and the drone is the arrow. Check this video of my crash. I got a beep, beep, beep and boom, toast. Fortunately I fixed the arm pin on one arm, and replaced the front left leg, but the camera cable is going to give me problems I'm afraid if I don't get some directions or at least a how to video soon. Help Please!
Check my drone videos, mostly Idaho and Utah on You Tube at Merrill McCracken

Last edited:
Bummer.☹️

Here's one of the teardown videos from YouTube.

Maybe it'll help? ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803