DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Mavic Air 2 gimbal stability compared to piggyback sports camera

AZDave

Reactions
I strapped an AirPro2 sports camera (GoPro knockoff) to the top of a Mavic Air 2 and compared the two videos. The AirPro2 has a fisheye lens and not the greatest video resolution. The Mavic Air 2 gimbal was set to Normal (not FPV). The rubber bands I used to affix the AirPro2 to the MA2 interfered with the drone gimbal if I tried to point the AirPro2 forward, I had to point it backward. The two videos are almost exactly in sync. It's pretty amazing what a great job the MA2 gimbal does to maintain stability.

I figured out how to make the AirPro2 sports camera (GoPro knockoff) point forward, so here is a better version. In both cases, the AirPro2 blocked enough of the MA2 GPS signal to put me in ATTI mode, so I didn't take many chances while flying. The two cameras have different resolutions, different focal lengths, and different color response ... so please just pay attention to the difference in stability. The upper video is from the drone camera with the gimbal in Normal (not FPV) mode, and the lower video is from the AirPro2 rigidly fixed to the top of the drone. The two videos are synchronized almost exactly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000