DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 glitchy video

Tanzdeman

Reactions
Hi guys, I keep getting glitchy video on my Mavic Air 2. please check the screen recording of it
Usually, on anything over 30FPS, doesnt matter if it's 1080p or 4k, the memory card is the right spec. the glitching happens even if the storage is to the onboard memory, sometimes I am flying the drone and it can wipe the whole connection out and I get a blank screen.
Has anyone had this issue before? The drone hasn't flown that many hours, or crashed.
The recording it self from the SD card/onboard memory is exactly the same as the screen recording.
All help appreciated, apologies if there is another thread for this answer, when I put glitchy, I find different things.

Your description is somewhat unclear ... you are mixing together 2 different videoing systems, ie. the live view in your mobile device & what is recorded on to the onboard memories (SD or internal memory) if you record video.

Your included film is showing a choppy live view ... the live view is transmitted from your drone to your RC & going up on your mobile device through the usb cable. This live view have nothing to do with what resolution or frame rate you chose for recording video, the live view is either transmitted in 720P 30fps or 1080P 30fps. This transmission is highly effected by WiFi interference or obstacles between your drone & RC ... the first sign of transmission interference is a choppy live view ... & if it gets to severe the live view transmission is interrupted & soon after even the control signal will cut out & your drone will fall back to the failsafe action which can either be RTH, Hover or Land & is set in the DJI FLY app.

The other "filming that can occur is when you hit the record button to shoot video ... there you have a lot of various resolutions & frame rates to chose among ... the finished video recording here will be stored either on the onboard SD card or the internal memory depending on which you chose. When video recording, a low resolution cache file also will be created on your mobile device if you have that setting activated in the DJI FLY app... this cache file is mainly a low res recording of your live stream ... so any choppiness due to interference will be there also. In the on board stored full resolution file no signal interference should be recorded as this recording isn't transmitted ... it only goes from your camera to the SD card or internal memory.

So ... it's clear that you have interference in your live view out from your clip. Do you have a WiFi network there that can interfere, have you the RC antennas directed towards the drone ... or anything in between the drone & RC?

If you record a video with the drone camera ... is the on board stored full resolution video ok or is it choppy?

I'd contact DJI. If it were just the video on the phone I would think interference. If it were on the SD I would think a funky card. Being on internal memory as well it must the transmission from the camera to the internal memory. Not something I would try to fix anyway.

Reactions: Tanzdeman
Your description is somewhat unclear ... you are mixing together 2 different videoing systems, ie. the live view in your mobile device & what is recorded on to the onboard memories (SD or internal memory) if you record video.

Your included film is showing a choppy live view ... the live view is transmitted from your drone to your RC & going up on your mobile device through the usb cable. This live view have nothing to do with what resolution or frame rate you chose for recording video, the live view is either transmitted in 720P 30fps or 1080P 30fps. This transmission is highly effected by WiFi interference or obstacles between your drone & RC ... the first sign of transmission interference is a choppy live view ... & if it gets to severe the live view transmission is interrupted & soon after even the control signal will cut out & your drone will fall back to the failsafe action which can either be RTH, Hover or Land & is set in the DJI FLY app.

The other "filming that can occur is when you hit the record button to shoot video ... there you have a lot of various resolutions & frame rates to chose among ... the finished video recording here will be stored either on the onboard SD card or the internal memory depending on which you chose. When video recording, a low resolution cache file also will be created on your mobile device if you have that setting activated in the DJI FLY app... this cache file is mainly a low res recording of your live stream ... so any choppiness due to interference will be there also. In the on board stored full resolution file no signal interference should be recorded as this recording isn't transmitted ... it only goes from your camera to the SD card or internal memory.

So ... it's clear that you have interference in your live view out from your clip. Do you have a WiFi network there that can interfere, have you the RC antennas directed towards the drone ... or anything in between the drone & RC?

If you record a video with the drone camera ... is the on board stored full resolution video ok or is it choppy?
Hey, thank you for your response.

This happens when im out in the middle of nowehere as much as I am inside.

Its also in my live view, when in flight and when recording. the video out of the drone's memory, transferred on to my Mac, shows the same choppiness, and glitching (same as the screen recording) I just showed the screen recording as it shows what I see (on my phone as well as the downloaded video from the drone.

I'd contact DJI. If it were just the video on the phone I would think interference. If it were on the SD I would think a funky card. Being on internal memory as well it must the transmission from the camera to the internal memory. Not something I would try to fix anyway.
Thank you, will contact DJI and see what they say.

Reactions: SmilingOgre
Hey, thank you for your response.

This happens when im out in the middle of nowehere as much as I am inside.

Its also in my live view, when in flight and when recording. the video out of the drone's memory, transferred on to my Mac, shows the same choppiness, and glitching (same as the screen recording) I just showed the screen recording as it shows what I see (on my phone as well as the downloaded video from the drone.
Then something is wrong ... the video shouldn't be choppy on the SD-card if you use a proper SD-card. Also note that if you film with a H265 codec that can make your computer insufficient & the choppiness can be due to that. If using H265 try with H264.

Then something is wrong ... the video shouldn't be choppy on the SD-card if you use a proper SD-card. Also note that if you film with a H265 codec that can make your computer insufficient & the choppiness can be due to that. If using H265 try with H264.
Thank you, I am aware re h265 codec sapping more cores etc, I film in 264 usually, Its the problem that it's fine up until 30fps and anything higher gets crazy, got in touch with DJI apparently I am still under warranty so will be sending it off!

Looks like you are mixing/confusing downlink and screen recording video with actual high-resolution drone video.

That said, on my Air 2, I had to move to one of the more expensive Samsung Pro Plus V30 cards to get quality video from the drone. A Samsung EVO Select U3 spec wasn't fast enough (and is faster than an EVO Plus in DJI's preferred list).

V30 is a minimum, and having the A2 app spec doesn't hurt.

Hi all, just providing an update.
Sent the drone off to DJI, they have offered free repair and have informed me that
"Aircraft Core Board Module" was faulty.
Is this a common thing? I dont even know if I did something for it to go faulty?

Reactions: SmilingOgre
Hi! I made an account just to comment…

I’m having almost the exact same issues you had. My live feed isn’t as glitchy as yours, however the videos on the sd card look exactly like what’s showing up on the live feed(glitchy and choppy video). Sometimes the live feed completely disconnects showing a blank screen but the drone is still connected to the controller and the phone as I can tap return to home on the phone and have full control with the remote.

i’ve tried
-new sd cards
-new iphone cable
-reset/update software
-reset all drone setting
-same results in any video/picture mode fps don’t make a difference nor does h264 or h265
-flew an older drone in the same area no issues, as well as flown the same drone experiencing issue in the same location a few months ago just fine.

I have very little flight time with the mavic air 2 so this really kinda freaked me out.

Hi all, just providing an update.
Sent the drone off to DJI, they have offered free repair and have informed me that
"Aircraft Core Board Module" was faulty.
Is this a common thing? I dont even know if I did something for it to go faulty?
Approximately how long did it take for turnaround time from when you sent it to dji and when it was delivered back to you? Just curious as I'm having a similar issue...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada