DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC AIR 2 GPS PROBLEM

denielmarques

Reactions
I bought a brand new MAVIC AIR 2 and I'm having some problems with GPS lock.
When I turned it on for the first time, it was OK. The drone acquired some satellites and it was cleared to take off. It had no problems in this flight.
After the first flight, the olny thing I did was updating the drone firmware.
Now the drone can't get satellite lock anymore. It shows 5-8 satellites in the screen, but always in red. I tried taking of a few times to see if it would get more satellites on a higher altitude(the app doesn't allow it to go further than 30m high), but it didn't work. Also, in the middle of the flight, the drone switches to ATTI mode, and became almost impossible to land.
Just for comparison, I have a PHANTOM 3 ADVANCED and a FIMI X82 SE and both get GPS lock in just a few seconds at the same location.
Did anyone had the same problem?

IMG_1806.PNG

I would exchange yours if it is new. While I could see it is possible that a drone might have a little trouble getting GPS lock in an area like your photo with trees all around, my Air 2 is rock solid. When I'm doing firmware updates and such in the house, I actually acquire a good amount of sats, enough to go green (not that I would trust that in the house, but it shows that the drone is pretty good at getting satellites).

I contacted DJI SUPPORT. They answered me that since the drone was bought in another country, the warranty does not apply.

Try rolling back the firmware to the previous or original using Assistant? Worth a try if you cannot exchange.

Reactions: kidroc
Hook it up to the computer use assistant roll back the firmware and you’ll probably be fine if it worked before and then only after update if you didn’t crash it smash it beat it around it’s a software problem no need to return it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851