DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Height restrictions

DJIDrummond

Reactions
Hi all,

Im brand new to drones but recently bought a mavic Air2 to bring with me when I hike/ trail run as the footage can be really good, However I noticed that while on a mountain when coming down the drone suggested that i'm at max altitude ( 500mts) this posed a few experiences and questions.

1. does or should the drone take into consideration my starting point height and not sea level height to my location? at that point roughly 450 mts !
2. As I was at in theory 450/500 mts none of the quick shot features would work, is there a limit to their abilities as the drone again was suggesting i was at max altitude but I was only flying 30/50mts off the ground where I was albeit 450mts up !

Has anyone had similar experiences and or a way to de- restrict flight height in non built up areas ?

Regards
G

Hi all,

Im brand new to drones but recently bought a mavic Air2 to bring with me when I hike/ trail run as the footage can be really good, However I noticed that while on a mountain when coming down the drone suggested that i'm at max altitude ( 500mts) this posed a few experiences and questions.

1. does or should the drone take into consideration my starting point height and not sea level height to my location? at that point roughly 450 mts !
2. As I was at in theory 450/500 mts none of the quick shot features would work, is there a limit to their abilities as the drone again was suggesting i was at max altitude but I was only flying 30/50mts off the ground where I was albeit 450mts up !

Has anyone had similar experiences and or a way to de- restrict flight height in non built up areas ?

Regards
G
What have you got set in DJI Fly app for max height?

Whether you launch near sea level or 4000 metres up makes no difference.
All heights are relative ti the launch point.
the drone again was suggesting i was at max altitude but I was only flying 30/50mts off the ground where I was albeit 450mts up !
The limit was not because of the altitude of your launch point.

Hi all,

Regards
G

The drone only takes into account the height above the take off point.

Interesting ! I will set the altitude at 500/ max prior to take off on my next outing and see if this resolves, Also thinking that I switched the drone on on uneven ground which may have effected the calibration etc.

thanks folks
G

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian