DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 hot underneath ...

DeeRobJr

Reactions
I just received my new Mavic Air 2 today. I have to work, so I plan on flying it tomorrow. But I did set everything up and it went swimmingly. However, I noticed that just when left on (and yes, it's on a flat surface, not like a bed or something) the bottom seemed hot to the touch. No flying, just sitting there on as I updated firmware, played with the gimbal control, etc. It's not heat that burns -- but just to the point where I could hold it and not feel like it's going to burn me. Is this normal to be that hot or do I need to return it? I felt the batteries and they seemed fine. Warm but nothing unusual. It's the bottom of the Air 2 itself.
Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

It’s equivalent to starting your car, and leaving it running in the driveway vs. taking it out on the highway. The airflow thru the vents will cool the drone down as it operates in flight. Expect the batteries to retain mild heat upon completion of each use. This is quite normal.

Reactions: DeeRobJr
its because there is no airflow through or over the heatsync at the bottom of the drone ,what you can do is have a fan blowing over it while it is on and doing updates

One thought to consider. The battery will be quite warm after a flight. Some don’t think it’s a good idea to leave the battery in the aircraft at the end of your flight(me too)and will remove it to help the cooling process for both pieces.

One thought to consider. The battery will be quite warm after a flight. Some don’t think it’s a good idea to leave the battery in the aircraft at the end of your flight(me too)and will remove it to help the cooling process for both pieces.
Great idea. Thanks!

It’s equivalent to starting your car, and leaving it running in the driveway vs. taking it out on the highway. The airflow thru the vents will cool the drone down as it operates in flight. Expect the batteries to retain mild heat upon completion of each use. This is quite normal.

Thanks! You were exactly right. I flew it and it was so cool. And the heat was warm to the touch -- and fine.

Some don’t think it’s a good idea to leave the battery in the aircraft at the end of your flight(me too)and will remove it to help the cooling process for both pieces.
Moi aussi- me too- ditto..all the above..I've been finding the coolest spot around to set it on..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S