DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 issue during flight

RDNelson

Reactions
I have a Mavic Air 2, about 6 month old, having made appx 90 flights according to my profile. I am having a more frequent issue with the software, where the DJI Fly software will "lock up" in flight (or the phone app will crash and I need to restart the app). My controller retains control of the drone, and it will respond to a "return to home". Upon reconnect, I can resume the flight. The other day, the issue was with app lockup and the phone seemed to be slowly loosing brightness. Connection signal to the drone during these occurrences is strong, and can even be within 100 feet during issues.

My phone is an Apple XR; managing phone storage with 53 of 64GB used. My work requires the phone to default to the use of a VPN. The DJI software is updated, actually now downloading version 01.01.0720.

Thoughts, or similar experiences?

Have you tried another cable (remote to phone)? I had the same issue and it was a cable that went end of life quickly.

Try the Cable as the others mentioned first.

This sounds more phone oriented, and one thing you have to be careful of is every app you install and update that the phone gets can change how other apps use power and effect the app your trying to use. This is one of the benefits of the SC/ RC that you do not have to worry about , except for the DJI / App update of course.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Waves.

This is one of the reasons I try to scan new posts on this great Forum. I try to read the posts that apply to my specific drone MA2 and problems in general. As a long-time manned aircraft pilot I know learning from real life issue helps you when you need it. Thank to RDNelson for asking the question and to March411 & of course PhantomRain as always. As they say "If you have a question there are others that probably have the same question." Or in my case I have not had the issue yet but if I do I am prepared! Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a number of events like this & concluded that the issue was I was flying in the wrong places like close to authorised zones, but not within. When I moved away the drone worked perfect. My configuration is MA2, Dronelink, IPhone 8

Hello All. I, too, have had issues with app freezes for about the first 6 months in particular, phone screen gradually dimming over the course of a few flights, SUPER laggy video link/very delayed app response by both controller interface as well as touch screen controls.

I've had a couple of "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS $HIT!?" Moments but I could never pin down a cause, as I was never able to repeat the error intentionally.
I have replaced the data transfer cord mmmmmaybe three times now if i remember right.....which does help, slightly.

I have only used my 3 (almost 4) year old Galaxy Note 9 ... which I will admit, has seen better days.

Bottom line, by yourself an extended cable. Buy yourself a regular cable. Then buy one more of each.

40 bucks give or take. It's certainly worth a shot.

Hey well I've got you guys here.. anybody know anything about gimbal shake?

About a month ago I started experiencing shaky video, usually at high speeds and/or high winds.

Journey (my MA2) and I have flown "a few" magnificent miles together, and as much as I hate to acknowledge the obvious.....

I can't repair my friend or help him heal what's been damaged somewhere deep inside there, like he fixed me.

I understand parts wear out, and it is after all, a machine.

Having said all that, I have two questions:

1. Anybody dealt with this before?

2. Anybody else out there log as many miles as "we" have?Screenshot_20220927-233225.jpg

I had a similar issue back when I bought my mavic air 2 (August 2021). Coincidentally, DJI released DJI Fly 1.4.8, the first builds of that version were very unstable, I thought that my phone was the issue, or the cable, but it was the app, the only thing that worked for me back then is putting my phone into Airplane mode. Rolled back to 1.4.4 and everything worked fine. This is fixed in newer versions of the app, currently using 1.7.5 without any issues.

Reactions: KansasSkies21
I had a similar issue back when I bought my mavic air 2 (August 2021). Coincidentally, DJI released DJI Fly 1.4.8, the first builds of that version were very unstable, I thought that my phone was the issue, or the cable, but it was the app, the only thing that worked for me back then is putting my phone into Airplane mode. Rolled back to 1.4.4 and everything worked fine. This is fixed in newer versions of the app, currently using 1.7.5 without any issues.
Hey thanks man. I appreciate your help

Reactions: Yaros
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme