Mavic Air 2 (just confirmed by FCC)

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com
Per this FCC listing posted a few hours ago, the new Mavic is on its way. Here's a photo of the back of the remote controller:

RC2-min.png

Yeaaa another what’s It’s going to be thread. What you think a M3 or what. Maybe a Mavic Mini Pro. ?

That wasn’t in the first link.
Oh well.?

Just saw this on Twitter.
1156A2E2-D45E-4BC3-A2CF-804920BB7A2C.jpeg

Reactions: CraigObe
I would think the same Go app Oz but remember the talk
of The Fly app taking on more. ?‍♂️

Yeah, I was thinking the Go4 is a better app, as compared to Fly with the mini.
Better telemetry, other info.
But yes, the Fly having other models listed, hmmm, not sure.
Will also be interesting to see what camera and specs, and of course flight time.

Reactions: SFC117 and dirkclod
Thanks for the tip @msinger! Yeah, it is a MA2 alright.

Two things I noticed.

1/ The RC has a USB C port (finally!)

2/ The MA2 comes with a significantly improved battery (3500mAh) compared with the MA (2375mAh) but still operates at the same 11.55V which should mean a lot more flight time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: geneg
Found another image.
Battery compartment MA2.
3AAA7588-244B-44DF-9E1B-8723BCA000AE.jpeg

Reactions: Thomas B
Let's hope they designed a battery of some resistance to swelling, like the original M1P vs the M2P.
Sound like a great battery / flight time improvement might be coming.

Hope this flows on to a much better camera for both photos and video, be nice to see full function to set aperture / shutter.

Ocusync 2.0 would be awesome, do people here think that is feasible to be used on this aircraft ?
I see no reason why it couldn't be.

If the above were present, I would be very tempted after the introduction settled down.
Still FPV is looking a lot better to me lately for my next drone.

I hope it's not so good that it makes me regret my decision to buy a M2P about a month ago :p

Hard to regret an M2P purchase.

After DJIs recent mini introduction efforts, I wouldn't be buying a new (significantly changed) drone model until it's been in the market 6 months at least, and well trialled . . . keeping a close eye on feedback / reviews (on this forum mostly).

Reactions: dirkclod
I’m still trying to figure out what will be the selling feature for this one that will make me replace my M2P.

IMHO the two main drawbacks
of the Mavic Air were that it didn’t Have a 1” sensor and range was crap without Occusync.

On the plus side for the Mavic Air was that it was smaller than the M2P and 100mbps video.

So from the pics it looks like this is bigger than the Mavic Air (but who really knows), and that camera doesn’t look big enough to have a 1” sensor. It’s not going to be lighter than 249g either I doubt. So I’m not sure what it’s going to offer.

It could have better obstacle avoidance, but if it can’t do what the Skydio can do or better then I don’t know if it’s going to be worth it to me. I don’t think simply having 360 degree IR sensors will cut it. I think it would have to mix in optical as well. Ifyou can drive it straight into the woods without crashing it like you can do with the Skydio (for the most part), then I’m going to be tempted.

I bought my Mavic Air because it was smaller than my Mavic 1.

I sold my Mavic Air because of poor range and a smaller sensor than my M2P

I bought my Mavic Mini because it was ultra small and exempt from many regs.

I sold my Mavic Mini because of range and mediocre video quality-and I already had a M2P

I bought my Skydio because of the awesome follow-me capabilities and insane obstacle avoidance.

I sold my Skydio because of range and lack of portability.

I’d this new Mavic can pull the right levers I’ll give it a shot.

Z

Wonder if it has whatever the FAA wants built in to be in compliance.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Wonder if it has whatever the FAA wants built in to be in compliance.
Yes and No. It will come in two versions (see pics below) according to this link posted on an other thread that got locked; one with ADS-B and one without. Makes me wonder if the ADS-B capable version will be more expensive.

1586495707974.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143