DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Landing Extensions

PGYTECH has a nice set that will be available soon. I've always had good experiences with their landing gear in the past.

1591264399893.png

Last edited:
I'm hope Polar Pro comes out with a set like they did for the mavic air 2 because i am able to keep them on and it fits great in my case. The others that I see you must remove before storing.

Reactions: Quick_Star24
I use mine all the time. one it helps from scrapping the bottom of the drone and keeps dirt off the bottom.

Good to know. I see them as extra weight and something that might fall off, but I'm a noob. I wonder why the legs aren't rubberized on our mavics.

I wouldn't worry about the extra weight the MA2 can lift its own weight so the leg extensions would be no problems.
Good to know. I see them as extra weight and something that might fall off, but I'm a noob. I wonder why the legs aren't rubberized on our mavics.

I wouldn't worry about the extra weight the MA2 can lift its own weight so the leg extensions would be no problems.

Putting these garget onto the drone can do harm only. Yes the drone can still fly but the extra weight will reduce the motor power margin for fighting against the wind. The extra drag will also shorten the flying duration and increase the chance of blow-away.

On rough ground, just use hand launching and landing , it's super easy.

Reactions: Ars3nal3432
Putting these garget onto the drone can do harm only. Yes the drone can still fly but the extra weight will reduce the motor power margin for fighting against the wind. The extra drag will also shorten the flying duration and increase the chance of blow-away.

On rough ground, just use hand launching and landing , it's super easy.
Sorry, but these weigh next to nothing - the Mavic Air 2 will have absolutely no problem flying with them on. They also provide benefits not harm when taking off & landing from rough terrain; not everyone is as confident as you with hand launch & landing (which carries its own risk)

Sorry, but these weigh next to nothing - the Mavic Air 2 will have absolutely no problem flying with them on. They also provide benefits not harm when taking off & landing from rough terrain; not everyone is as confident as you with hand launch & landing (which carries its own risk)

How about wind drag ? If you look at it from the front, the frontal area is increased by roughly 30%, that means the wind drag is increased by the same amount. Is that something to be ignored ? For me, a definite NO.

1591344554550.png

Last edited:
Gonna print some off at work on the 3D printer i think and see how they go before i purchase a descent set of landing gear.

How about wind drag ? If you look at it from the front, the frontal area is increased by roughly 30%, that means the wind drag is increased by the same amount. Is that something to be ignored ? For me, a definite NO.

View attachment 103731
Umm, the frontal area increase is about 5%, not 30%. But hey, you obviously don’t like them ( even though loads of Mavic pilots have been using leg extensions for years on various models). Happy hand landings..... mind those fingers!!

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
The PGY ones look great. I'd imagine there's a delay in developing third party items due to events as of late. Thanks for the info!

These are available on ebay uk but with a lengthy shipping time from China for £9.40, ordered mine a week ago.
Look at this on eBay
How did these leg extensions work out for you? It seems these products will not work out if you have a skin / decal film on the drone and drone legs...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent