DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2. Linear flight max distance.

KI5RLL

Reactions
Seeking anyone who flew farther than this on a single battery charge for a single flight linear distance. NOT a radio range distance, but the total distance flown takeoff to landing on a Mavic Air 2 in one flight.
See pic attached.
I flew 11.5 and several 11+ miles separate flights on one charge. Saved the telemetry video on Youtube also. Was at 6400 MSL for the flight.
Does anyone else try fly max distance on one battery charge? E5287E6D-203D-402A-A146-87840244CE78.png

Seeking anyone who flew farther than this on a single battery charge for a single flight linear distance. NOT a radio range distance, but the total distance flown takeoff to landing on a Mavic Air 2 in one flight.
See pic attached.
I flew 11.5 and several 11+ miles separate flights on one charge. Saved the telemetry video on Youtube also. Was at 6400 MSL for the flight.
Does anyone else try fly max distance on one battery charge? View attachment 155726

Exactly ! Once again, LOS be damned. It’s ridiculous to make these things able to fly that far and THEN, tell us NOT to do it.
It was NOT 11.5 miles away from home point. NOT a radio range distance, but the total distance flown takeoff to landing on a Mavic Air 2 in one flight. LOS loops. I think the Air 2 probably can not hold a signal (real conditions) over maybe 2 miles though DJI claim about 6+ miles. Even the Air 3 can not fly that far away. This was total distance flown. Not radio longest range. Clearly in multiple loops as seen on the video posted. Need to be back close to home point once getting into low battery percentage to land safely home.

11.5 miles is what the spec sheet gives, so it's... what's expected basically.
Expected, yes. But has anyone been able to exceed it? Or tie it as I did?

I think the Air 2 probably can not hold a signal (real conditions) over maybe 2 miles though DJI claim about 6+ miles.
DJI's stated transmission ranges are achievable (and even exceeded) in the right conditions.
Radio transmission varies a lot depending on the radio interference in your flying area.

DJI spell this out in more detail in the specs of more recent models.
For example here's what they say for the Mavic 3.

Signal Transmission Ranges (FCC)
Strong Interference (urban landscape, limited line of sight, many competing signals): Approx. 1.5-3 km
Medium Interference (suburban landscape, open line of sight, some competing signals): Approx. 3-9 km
Low Interference (open landscape abundant line of sight, few competing signals): Approx. 9-15 km

Data is tested under different standards in open areas free of interference.
It only refers to the maximum, one-way flight distance without considering Return to Home.

No , at 81 years old I cannot see that far, cheers Len
Exactly ! Once again, LOS be damned. It’s ridiculous to make these things able to fly that far and THEN, tell us NOT to do it.
DJI's stated transmission ranges
You're all missing the point that this discussion is about course travelled, not distance from home point.
You can travel 10km distance in a flight without going further than 200m from you.

You're all missing the point that this discussion is about course travelled
I didn't miss anything.
The OP explained it clearly and I understood properly when he posted it.
I was clearing up the confusion on transmission distances.

Reactions: okw
It was NOT 11.5 miles away from home point. NOT a radio range distance, but the total distance flown takeoff to landing on a Mavic Air 2 in one flight. LOS loops. I think the Air 2 probably can not hold a signal (real conditions) over maybe 2 miles though DJI claim about 6+ miles. Even the Air 3 can not fly that far away. This was total distance flown. Not radio longest range. Clearly in multiple loops as seen on the video posted. Need to be back close to home point once getting into low battery percentage to land safely home.
Ohhhh. Ok my bad. I just kinda skimmed over the story at the time and was thinking of something else too.

Reactions: KI5RLL
Very interesting logic. I'm assuming that you're upset that many cars can do 120 mph but we're told not to drive faster than 70 mph.

Note that in both cases the company that makes the machines isn't the one telling us how fast or far we can operate them.

Reactions: B52-D and okw
See pic attached.
Does anyone else try fly max distance on one battery charge? View attachment 155726
Wow. I was wondering how far I could fly my Mavik Air 2. I probably won't go that far but it is good to know!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka