DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 & Litchi

alanj49

Reactions
Is the Mavic Air 2 Fly compatible with Litchi. I read somewhere that it wasn't at that time, but I don't know how long ago that was written

Currently it is not compatible with the MA2, there is no release date for the MA2 SDK that Litchi needs to make it's app compatible.
I suspect that DJI won't do this as they haven't released the Mavic Mini SDK

Many thanks for the reply, that is what I seem to remember the article said, but I don't know how old the article was.

My suspicion is that DJI is working with it’s own
version of Litchi, and does not want Litchi competing with it.

Seems like DJI is losing a lot of sales. I want to get an MA2 but I only fly with Litchi because of bad eyes. I only fly over my farm & my DIL's house remodeling next door or about 500 ft away. I have many exciting places to fly & see deer & other wild animals.
So I just plan my flights on Litchi for my MPP

No, they are not loosing sales. They are making more money by convincing buyers to spring for a more expensive drone

Reactions: Tommy85
Currently it is not compatible with the MA2, there is no release date for the MA2 SDK that Litchi needs to make it's app compatible.

DJI said to expect the SDK for the MA2 in September.

Reactions: Tommy85
No, they are not loosing sales. They are making more money by convincing buyers to spring for a more expensive drone
Tell me about it. I did lots of research before buying my this MA 2 and now I am somewhat regretting it. I want to use it for my 107 but there is t an app that allows me to request LAANC approval!!

Reactions: lee82gx
Tell me about it. I did lots of research before buying my this MA 2 and now I am somewhat regretting it. I want to use it for my 107 but there is t an app that allows me to request LAANC approval!!

? Airmap or Kittyhawk work just fine for requesting LAANC. You don't need to actually fly with those apps to use the approval.

Reactions: ResistanceFlyer
If you you live like I do next to an airport and various other places there's no way to fly in the park or even on the coast. So yeah its really a problem

I literally live 20meters from an low activity airport in my home town and 1km from a super busy international airport in my own home. So I know how its like. But the fact is, no one has been able to break the nfz for mavics for a long time since the 2018 models onwards.

Why i say its not a problem is you have to pick the right place to fly.

Unless you live in a super picturesque place. There is a likelihood there is not much left to see / photograph. If all you want is to fly a drone you can spend just a bit more for a toy grade one that can stick LOS and fly low. Those don't need GPS NFZ clearance built in. Of course laws always do apply though.

Can't wait for Litchi capability to come to the MA2... one would think it would be a high priority for them, given the popularity of the Mavic Air 2.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jarrodwp1