DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 - motors suddenly stopped & aircraft crashed

Decept1k0n

Reactions
Hi everyone, first time attempting to post here for assistance with a weird crash that occurred yesterday while attempting to take aerial photos & video while hiking yesterday. What is totally bizarre is that just before the crash occurred, it looked like the Mavic Air 2's motors suddenly stopped. I tried looking at the crash logs and found 4 that seemed to look like the same one duplicated for some reason. Below is the link to one of them.

As far as I can tell, I don't recall initiating the CSC sequence and I don't think I saw that it occurred when looking at the log. What is a bit strange is that this log seems like it shows when the Mavic Air 2 had already crashed, so I can't really tell what happened in the time prior to the crash occurring. There is one log that seems to be recorded prior but it looks like that was a successful landing, however I can post it's details if it helps to analyze things.

One thing to note is that I had changed out the initial battery that I had connected as it was at ~50% for one that was fully charged. I don't think this had anything to do with it but wanted to note it.

Please let me know if I need to post any further information or if you would like me to post the logs from the IOS app into Dropbox. I've also started a support case with DJI as well but wanted to see what some of you folks might have to say too.

Hi everyone, first time attempting to post here for assistance with a weird crash that occurred yesterday while attempting to take aerial photos & video while hiking yesterday. What is totally bizarre is that just before the crash occurred, it looked like the Mavic Air 2's motors suddenly stopped. I tried looking at the crash logs and found 4 that seemed to look like the same one duplicated for some reason. Below is the link to one of them.

As far as I can tell, I don't recall initiating the CSC sequence and I don't think I saw that it occurred when looking at the log. What is a bit strange is that this log seems like it shows when the Mavic Air 2 had already crashed, so I can't really tell what happened in the time prior to the crash occurring. There is one log that seems to be recorded prior but it looks like that was a successful landing, however I can post it's details if it helps to analyze things.

One thing to note is that I had changed out the initial battery that I had connected as it was at ~50% for one that was fully charged. I don't think this had anything to do with it but wanted to note it.

Please let me know if I need to post any further information or if you would like me to post the logs from the IOS app into Dropbox. I've also started a support case with DJI as well but wanted to see what some of you folks might have to say too.
That data is for only 1.5 seconds at the beginning of a flight.
You'd only just started the motors and the data ends before liftoff.
If you use the auto-upload for Airdata, it often uploads partial files.
Try manually uploading your last flight to Airdata and posting a link to that one.

Reactions: shoofly
Unfortunately that seems to be all the data that was captured on all 4 log files. I'm not sure why it doesn't show the flight where I had it up in the air before the motors turned off and it crashed.

The only other logs that I've uploaded using the files from the iOS app to the website are about the same length and there are 4 of them as I mentioned.

I tried re-uploading them again from the files found in iOS again but they don’t look any different to me.

I’ve also attached a screenshot of the flight logs shown from the DJI Fly app as well.
cd3602d88831bd017372588880f54d8e.jpg

Is there a reason why the logs wouldn't show the rest of the flight even when viewed from the DJI Fly app?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S