DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 - No C1 Certification?

ZDP99

Reactions
Hey guys,

I’m in the U.K., and thinking of buying the MA2. I’ve been reading and people are saying about due to it not having the C1 Label which could make it worthless in a couple of years.

What does this fully mean and should I avoid buying it due to this?

Thanks

Hello, I have just been reading up on all the changes and yes I do believe after 2022 then the ma2 will be a 'legacy' drone ( one manufactured before 2022 with no classification. So will only be able to be flown in subcategory A3.

As to what distance 'far from people' is, I havnt quite figured out yet.

I'll try attach the file/link. It's quite a long read!

Also here's a snippet of the document with the changes that might help you a bit.

:)

A1 (fly ‘over’ people) – Operations in subcategory A1 can only be conducted with
unmanned aircraft that present a very low risk of harm or injury to other people due to their
low weight (less than 250g), their type of construction, or because they are a ‘toy2
’ (i.e.
they are ‘inherently harmless’). However, flight over open-air assemblies of people is not
permitted.
A2 (Fly ‘close to’ people) – Operations in subcategory A2 can only be conducted with an
unmanned aircraft that is compliant with a specific product standard (and a maximum
mass of less than 4kg), but this unmanned aircraft can be flown to a minimum safe
horizontal distance of 30 metres from uninvolved people, or down to 5 metres horizontally
when its ‘low speed mode’ is selected. In addition, the remote pilot must have successfully
completed an additional competency examination (details at page 12) in order to operate
in this subcategory.
A3 (Fly ‘far from’ people) – This category covers the more general types of unmanned
aircraft operations. The intent is that the unmanned aircraft will only be flown in areas that
are clear of uninvolved persons and will not be flown in areas that are used for residential,
commercial, industrial or recreational purposes (roughly equivalent to what is currently
referred to as a ‘congested area’).

Reactions: AYY_LMAO

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji