DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 now works with DJI Goggles after SC update

InvisibleName

Reactions

That’s correct, you do not have full FPV control of the drone as you simply use the original dji goggles as a “viewer” for the flight.
The smart controller provides power through the HDMI/USB-C ports allowing any connected HDMI or USB-C screen to view what the camera sees.
Dji have no plans to update the original goggles to allow FPV.
I use my goggles to allow anyone to view the flight while i view the screen and fly on the smart controller. The plus being that the original goggled are “self powered” by their own battery and do not drain the battery on the smart controller.

Are there any plans to allow any other brand of vr headsets to work with the Air2? Keen to get a headset for other uses but was holding off to see if any will be compatible?

Are there any plans to allow any other brand of vr headsets to work with the Air2? Keen to get a headset for other uses but was holding off to see if any will be compatible?
You’ll need to wait for Litchi to work with the Air 2, supposedly very soon. Once that happens you’d have the ability to fly in vr mode on their app. Neither DJI Go 4 or DJI Fly App has the ability to fly in vr mode.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
VR Box type goggles won't work until third party apps inorporate dji SDK for the fly app to support VR split screen. But until then I am using a similar type of goggles which have a different approach. They just use one single lense which provides 4X the resolution of a mobile VR headset. The clarity and sharpness of the screen is really awesome (on an iphone 7) and way better than dji goggles.

I cannot recommend that MovieMask/MagiMask highly enough for that fpv purpose with MA2. It costs 99 USD which admittedly is too much for what it is, but it is way cheaper than those 500 USD dji goggles, plus for MA2 to work you need a 500 USD Smart Controller in addtion! And then you can only view the footage, no gimbal control or in-goggles navigation etc.... One thing I have to warn you about MovieMask, it takes like forever to be delivered - mine arrived 4 weeks after the order, I complained and got a 50% refund, which is not bad at all ;-)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929