DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 (or others) Allow for Wireless Mic?

forrie

Reactions
I read through a few queries about this, which seem to reference using an Android app (I am on iOS). My question (and need) would be for a wireless mic, perhaps paired to the controller, that could record your audio as the drone follows you. This is seem very commonly in news and vlog reporting; but it's not clear the Mavic is useful for this application.

Could anyone elaborate?

When I want to record sound I just do a screen recording and add what ever I record in post.

That can work, but if you're recording yourself speaking from above, that probably won't end up doing well -- plus that would (for a reporter) add unnecessary processing time. Perhaps it's a different brand I need to look at that syncs the controller with a wireless mic.

Don’t know of one,don’t mean it’s not one just have never heard of one 🤷‍♂️

If you are thinking of mounting it on the drone itself, there are the issues of mounting, weight, and prop noise. Most mics are omnidirectional and would pick up the rotor noise. You could try a shotgun mic, but they are $$$ and fairly large. Your best bet would be to use a Lavalier mic (lapel mic) and sync audio in post-production. I've done it that way with very good results.

Cheers!

Reactions: Capt KO and MA2 317
I've also set a small field recorder out before a flight just to get ambient sounds and used it as a background audio source. Didn't fly till the audio recording was done obviously.

Just a thought from the posts so far.

(I am on iOS). My question (and need) would be for a wireless mic,

Here are some results from Google.

Wireless Mics

Coupled with the screen recording from the on board recorder of iOS products as suggested by dirkclod

And SmilingOgre suggested the use of a clapper board.

When I flew with my Mini4 and the Spark a while back, this iOS clapper app is cool and used it quite a few times.

It makes organizing the flights easier with a thumbnail frame of the clapper board.

There's bound to be a solution to your situation, just have to figure it out. :)

Amazing! An app for anything any more. Very cool!

Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji