DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 randomly doesn't turn on

mavic202

Reactions
I'm having this issue with Mavic Air 2 where sometimes it doesn't turn on properly, meaning that it doesn't do the gimbal rotations, the fan keeps going, the lights don't start flashing, and it does not connect to the controller. I have to turn it off and on a few times until it randomly turns on. Any idea why this is happening?

You can see what I mean here:

I lost a sunrise because of this!

Yes, with all three. The problem is that it is really "random". Sometimes it turns on after 1-2 tries, and sometimes it takes more than 10.

I have EXACTLY the same issue. Mine got worse, it used to be a second try would get it to start. After some time it would take multiple tries to finally get it to go through the power up sequence. Like you its random, and happens with all 3 batteries from the Fly More Combo.

I tried everything, reflashed the firmware via DJI Assistant 2, reset the gimbal, reset the IMU, reset the compass, made sure the battery firmware was up to date. I even went as far as resetting the RC. Nothing made an improvement. I cleaned the contacts on the battery with 100% alcohol, even the side contacts that make sure the battery is locked in.

In the end I had to contact DJI with videos of the same phenomenon, they generated a repair case and I sent it in. They just received the package, so no assessment has been done. I'll update once I hear back.

Last edited:
Reactions: mavic202
Good luck with your next one. Unfortunately I had a skin from Decalgirl that'll most likely be removed.

So the saga continues... I got a new one from Amazon, and this time, the controller does not connect to my phone! I tried deleting the app, restarting the phone, updating the controller's firmware using my laptop... nothing worked. So I used the controller from the old package with the drone from the new package, and it worked like a charm!

I have to say, I'm very disappointed with the software bugs of DJI. It shows the lack of quality control in shipping software.

I think they have a lot of kinks to work out with this new product line, both hardware, software, and quality control. From what I've read, its not unexpected with DJI. My MA2 is returning tomorrow, hopefully everything works.

Did you see if the cable on the new controller is the issue?

I plugged it in and out a few times... but didn't swap the cables to check if the cable is the issue... I doubt if it is.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent