DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 recommended antenna/signal boost mods

Chanabra

Reactions
Hello I live in dense populated city lots of interference..

My MA2 gets about 2000 M before significant signal loss...

Looking to mod a second controller that just arrived..

Was looking at the new alientech boosted 2.4//5.8 ghz... seems expensive

was reading around and saw some other stuff I am not familiar with

Due to terrain, LOS is an issue.... hills//buildings etc...

i apologize if this is a topic elsewhere i spent a few hours reading before posting this
looking for your recommendation on signal boosters//antenna mods

I am good with a soldering gun and not afraid to open up my hardware

thanks for your time much love

I believe the Alientech is the only amplified option at the moment for the MA2

You could also try the cheaper passive Yagi antenna option, that doesn’t require the controller modification.

Last edited:
to my understanding alientech is not going to do much for LOS hills//buildings etc?
.... if i could get further without interference with los i would be happy...
is difference between powered/boosted and un-boosted that great?

thanks

to my understanding alientech is not going to do much for LOS hills//buildings etc?
.... if i could get further without interference with los i would be happy...
is difference between powered/boosted and un-boosted that great?

thanks

Haven’t really seen any independent range tests tests on the Alientech/ MA2 solution.
There have been reviews of their other antenna solutions on

If you think about it, if the range boosters are really significantly better why hasn’t DJi incorporated them in their controller design or released their own version.

I use the Titan range of amplified antennas but for me results have been mixed, As I only fly 2-3 km away, I haven’t really noticed any signal strength improvements over the stock antennas.

Last edited:
Reactions: AZDave
The Antennas works and boosters as well.

Please correct me if I am interpreting all this incorrectly. Technically the boosters push you beyond what DJi can legally put out on their hardware. Yes, in the countryside with no interference one would fly beyond their batteries capabilities.

However, for someone like me, who lives in a city, and has to deal with a crap ton of intereference, something like the boosted alientech 2.4/5.8 would be ideal in strengthening the signal and limiting interference in the connection.

• Transmitter Power (EIRP)
  • 2.400-2.4835 GHz:
    FCC: ≤26 dBm
    CE: ≤20 dBm
    SRRC: ≤20 dBm
    MIC: ≤20 dBm

5.725-5.850 GHz:
    FCC: ≤26 dBm
    CE: ≤14 dBm
    SRRC: ≤26 dBm

Reactions: SkyeHigh
Correct. Will give you much better strange in high interference environments.

Very very interesting. The fact you can boost the aircraft as well is very promising. I will love to give a shot.

Anyone tried the software based hack signal boost from some of the third party companies that use the full power of the antenna as opposed to a hardware mod? From what I found on YouTube it little impact on the battery.

I've got a MA2 and would like to get the Alientech Pro. Assuming I do and I mod the controller so that the antenna can be attached.... can I also/instead hook up small rubber quick-release antennas to the antenna posts if/when I'm not needing to actually use the larger/heavier antenna booster? I would prefer not to buy a second controller, but the idea of having to always lug around and use the antenna booster once I mod the controller, even when I don't need the range is a negative. In the pictures, they look like standard quick release connectors so I'm fairly certain that should work, but wanted to see if anyone that has modded their MA2 controller have used non-boosted antennas on the posts, and whether the experience when they did so was analogous (range/quality) to using the stock antenna?

Reactions: zeusfl
Yes, Alientech sells detachable antennas either as kit or individually. You need an antenna tuned 2.4GHz and 5.8 GHz and they must be installed on the appropriate antenna post.

I can't find it now but saw a YouTube video on adding two signal boosters other controllers giving you an additional 10-15dbh. To the controllers giving a 36dbh. Instead of 20.dbh from the original and each booster ran 20 each so a little of solder and cable fittings runs about 45-50 usd and you can boost the signal just as far for 400 dollars cheaper.

I've got a MA2 and would like to get the Alientech Pro. Assuming I do and I mod the controller so that the antenna can be attached.... can I also/instead hook up small rubber quick-release antennas to the antenna posts if/when I'm not needing to actually use the larger/heavier antenna booster? I would prefer not to buy a second controller, but the idea of having to always lug around and use the antenna booster once I mod the controller, even when I don't need the range is a negative. In the pictures, they look like standard quick release connectors so I'm fairly certain that should work, but wanted to see if anyone that has modded their MA2 controller have used non-boosted antennas on the posts, and whether the experience when they did so was analogous (range/quality) to using the stock antenna?
I have the Alien Tech Duo and I performed the modification on my controllers. It is pretty straight forward; just follow along with the video. Also, I purchased the following:

ALIENTECH 2.4G&5.8G DUAL FREQUENCY ANTENNA OF OMNIDIRECTIONAL WITH QUICK RELEASE FOR DJI DRONES.....These are two small whip antennas. I modified my parabolic to fit over these antennas coupled with yagi's. This set up is comparable to the antenna system below.​

ALIENTECH DUO ANTENNA BOOSTER RANGE EXTENDER DJI MAVIC AIR 1 / 2 DRONE (WITHOUT AMPLIFIER) This antenna is 2.4 and 5.8 Ghz. It provides more range than the ones on the remote (10 to 15%) increase in distance and stronger signal. The antenna system that are standard on the remote are excellent especially paired with yagis.​

simple solution.
D5448405-AFB3-4735-8109-6B1C280D6824.jpeg

527D1DBA-89C1-4250-B733-3AEF421B5B75.jpeg
D30695A4-958F-4637-9BAB-625ADA2A2968.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S