DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 SDK

alanj49

Reactions
There was talk of DJI releasing the SDK for the MA2 in September, does anyone know if this has in fact happened

There was talk of DJI releasing the SDK for the MA2 in September, does anyone know if this has in fact happened

We are all very excited about DJI's newest product, the Mavic Air 2! I know many of the developers out there using DJI's SDK will be wondering if the SDK is going to support it. The answer is yes! But first we are working on supporting the Mavic Mini within the next few months and then after that, we'll release support for the Mavic Air 2 before the end of 2020. There is no set timeline yet but stay tuned to the forum and release notes for updates.

~Lisa from DJI Developer Support

There is no set timeline yet but stay tuned to the forum and release notes for updates.
DJI should really improve their internal communications.
According to the developer roadmap, there is an estimated release date:

1601226061597.png
(But as usual, don't hold your breath ...)

I received an email from DJI Development Support saying - " Mavic Air 2 is scheduled for Mobile and UX SDK support by the end of Q4 2020" .

Comms with Pix4D says that regardless of SDK release, they don' t even plan to support in 2020. I know DroneDeploy is eager to support but s
o I don' t hold my breath on DJI and because I have some unique ecology conditions I would like to capture - any work around for flight planning to capture pic overlay for mapping?

Reading through this thread they are also hinting at Mid Dec? And that waypoints still wont be supported only virtual stick movement...

Hindsight is 20/20 and its on me but i really wish I would of thought more about the SDK and lack of FPV and goggle support before buying... Love the Air 2 for the price but still... Maybe we will get a surprise end of year 2020 that's not horrible.. (optimistic hat)

Reading through this thread they are also hinting at Mid Dec? And that waypoints still wont be supported only virtual stick movement...

Hindsight is 20/20 and its on me but i really wish I would of thought more about the SDK and lack of FPV and goggle support before buying... Love the Air 2 for the price but still... Maybe we will get a surprise end of year 2020 that's not horrible.. (optimistic hat)
That forum is watched by possibly the least informed DJI staff member, lol. In August she mentioned that the aircraft was limited to 5 waypoints when the firmware had been released for it to support 45 waypoints. Last I checked, she was also completely unable to give a satisfactory answer to questions about why these 45 waypoints will be unable to be used by third party app developers for mapping, etc.

Reactions: dawgpilot
It works!

Even uxsdk :)

Built android with:
implementation('com.dji:dji-sdk:4.14-trial1')
compileOnly 'com.dji:dji-sdk-provided:4.14-trial1'
implementation 'com.dji:dji-uxsdk:4.14-trial1'

At last a proper update from DJI :)

Thanks for the info, been waiting long time for this!

Screenshot_20201211-000106_Mavic Max.jpg

It works!

Built android with:

View attachment 119010
Can you tell if it has any waypoint functionality with the Mavic Air 2?

Reactions: VenomXts
It works!

Built android with:

View attachment 119010
Interesting, yes like dawgpilot asked, can you tell if there is Waypoints?

I have bad news for you.
When running in the simulator it says 'NOT SUPPORTED'

Exactly the same code works on mavic 2. It can be I'm doing something wrong, since I normally don't use waypoints.
I will do a test flight as soon as the weather gets better, but the chances are slim that it will work.

Everything else seems to work. Gimbal control/camera virtual sticks, keys, fpv view, ux controls.
I never liked waypoints anyway, unless you need to do routes that are out of RC range, which I think is illegal in most countries?

Virtualsticks is much smoother than waypoints, and don't need any planning before flight.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803