DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Strange sequence on Status Indicators

Pirilampus

Reactions
Hi everyone!

I recently bought a Mavic Air 2, and I noticed a light sequence on my drone status lights that is not documented in the manual.

It all started inside my house, with the drone on the ground but turned on (motors off).
The drone's lights started to blink green, and after some time, my controller said something like: Altitude Zone Limit (I don't recall the speech exactly)

The point is that after that moment, my drone started to have a sequence of green blinks, followed by 2 long red blinks.
After this moment, the sequence repeats itself.
I have a video that shows this in my house (ignore my voice please). In the first green sequence I have 12/13 green blinking, 2 red blinks and then 13/14 green blinkings followed again by 2 red blinks.

Can those sequences be related with specific Flight Zones? Is something wrong with my Drone?

Thanks a lot!

PS: if you wish to see the videos, please do let me know (I don't know if I can attach files here or provide links to google drive or wetransfer)

The red blinks do mean that you are in an Altitude Zone: this means that there is some overlying airspace concern where your maximum altitude is limited.

If you check DJI's FlySafe map, you should be able to see the zone.

Reactions: Pirilampus
Thank you Dawgpilot

I went outside and confirmed that as well! :)

Just one more question, because I'm truly new to this... In some situations with some moderate wind, is it normal for the drone to drift slightly horizontaly?

Well, I guess it is. I'm being paranoic (with fear that something might be wrong with him :()

Thank you Dawgpilot

I went outside and confirmed that as well! :)

Just one more question, because I'm truly new to this... In some situations with some moderate wind, is it normal for the drone to drift slightly horizontaly?

Well, I guess it is. I'm being paranoic (with fear that something might be wrong with him :()

Really depends on the wind level. The drone should use GPS to keep relatively stationary though, despite the wind. Very slight changes in horizontal position aren't unusual though, because GPS isn't 100% accurate.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60