DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Tablet holder

Janne Swede

Reactions
Have now tested tablet holder for Dji Mavic Air 2 and have found a combination that works well and is affordable.

The holder in the picture was bought on Amazon and cost $ 19.99 and the Huawei MediaPad M5 Lite Wifi cost $ 269.99.

You also need a longer cable if you want the tablet centered in the holder.

Have been using this combination for over a week now and have no problems at all.
IMG_20210519_101126289_HDR.jpgIMG_20210519_101140487_HDR.jpgIMG_20210519_101224402_HDR.jpgIMG_20210519_101300691_HDR.jpg

Janne, how's the glare factor with the Huawei?

Janne, how's the glare factor with the Huawei?
Hi, I do not really know what you mean by glare I have nothing to compare with. The reason I wanted to use a tablet instead of a phone was to get a larger display. If there is strong sunshine, it is difficult to see regardless of the display. I usually stand in the shade, if this is not possible, I have made a simple display cover of ordinary cardboard. If you are interested, I can take a picture to show.

Have now tested tablet holder for Dji Mavic Air 2 and have found a combination that works well and is affordable.

The holder in the picture was bought on Amazon and cost $ 19.99 and the Huawei MediaPad M5 Lite Wifi cost $ 269.99.

Have been using this combination for over a week now and have no problems at all.
View attachment 129343View attachment 129344View attachment 129345View attachment 129346
Love my SkyReat aluminum holder. Works very well for my Lenovo 10" tablet. I bought a longer cord too, but think the one that came with the drone would work and have tablet pretty centered. Since I have the new cable and it works - it'll stay.

I'm a fan of the Thor's Drone World 'Baldur' tablet holder for my MA2. I like the provision for either mounting it on a 1/4"-20 tripod or using the lanyard. Rock solid either way. Been using it for about 9 months. I made a sun shade out of black foam core board from Walmart (about $3). No issues with signal interference that I'm aware of.

View attachment 129343View attachment 129344View attachment 129345View attachment 129346
be careful, that extra weight on the thin antenna rods has already proven to break more than one controllers antenna.

I haven't heard of one case of them breaking the antenna rods. It would have been reported in this forum I'm sure. I use the cheap little plastic extension similar to the OP that I got for like 7 bux and it could not work better. Just don't man handle it like anything else. Nice and compact, not bulky like the Mavmounts or the rest. And I didn't have to get another cable with my 7.9 inch tablet.
Looks like a very nice compact setup OP. Thumbswayup

Reactions: 1TenaciousG
I tried that aluminum holder as well. No good for me. I just received a Lifthor Baldur for my 10.4" tab. Holds amazingly well especially with the full Hoodman Navigator on. I like the tri-pod option when I am only working within a 180deg area.

Reactions: MA2 317
I haven't heard of one case of them breaking the antenna rods. It would have been reported in this forum I'm sure. I use the cheap little plastic extension similar to the OP that I got for like 7 bux and it could not work better. Just don't man handle it like anything else. Nice and compact, not bulky like the Mavmounts or the rest. And I didn't have to get another cable with my 7.9 inch tablet.
Looks like a very nice compact setup OP. Thumbswayup
Same. It suits my purposes, holds a 6th Generation iPad firmly, and packs away well. Ultra cost effective too.

Reactions: Tufargon
Hi, I do not really know what you mean by glare I have nothing to compare with. The reason I wanted to use a tablet instead of a phone was to get a larger display. If there is strong sunshine, it is difficult to see regardless of the display. I usually stand in the shade, if this is not possible, I have made a simple display cover of ordinary cardboard. If you are interested, I can take a picture to show.
Janne, I'd love to see a photo of your homemade sun shade. I need to come up with something for bright sunny days. Thanks.

Here's a link to that item. I'm wondering if the fact that it's aluminum might cause interference with the antennas. It looks great otherwise.

Nope - got an aluminum Skyreat off Amazon (about $25 with a nice lanyard too) and it's great. The standard cord with the RC will work, but I bought the 10" braided cord cable just in case and no issues in the 6+ months I've had both. Has dual mounts - main piece sits in antennae receptacle like a phone would and then 2 hooks that hold it to the antennae rods.

Did not want to deal with plastic / ABS as some had bad issues with breakage. Not a good thing when flying and it decides to break and your tablet does a dump.

Reception / signal seems unaffected with my Air2. With my Skyreat I can move around with it a lot and not worry about packing / unpacking the drone / tablet / etc on every move. Done some longer hikes (.5 mile +) with all connected together and like a Timex watch or Energizer bunny - it keeps on going.

Did not want to deal with plastic / ABS as some had bad issues with breakage. Not a good thing when flying and it decides to break and your tablet does a dump.
Where have you seen this? I've not heard of 1 issue ever with them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22